The functionality of the cards (debit/credit) has proven to be very practical and safe over time, making life easier for everyone who needs an extra period to settle their debts and as a tool to buy online, it is common for us to let go sometimes.
Many people go through embarrassing situations when having a purchase denied or a bill unable to be paid. So that this doesn’t happen to you, it’s important that you know the reasons why this happens.
In today’s post, we’ll explain some reasons and propose solutions for when you can’t buy with your credit card.
What this article covers:
- When is a credit card declined for payment?
- What do I do when I can’t buy online with my credit card?
When is a credit card declined for payment?
There are several reasons for that well-known phrase “unauthorized purchase” and we will list some of them:
- Low Credit Limit: This occurs when the purchase made has a value greater than the limit pre-established by your bank, in this situation, it is always important to check the limit conditions before making any type of purchase.
- Card blocking: it can happen due to delays in the payment of invoices causing the blocking and making any type of purchase impossible with your card.
- Card validity: all cards have validity and you can find it on the back of the card, trying to make purchases after this date may result in your purchase being refused.
- Doubtful transactions: The institution responsible for your card recognizes your purchase pattern and can block you if it finds a suspicious purchase.
- System failure: in this case there’s not much you can do other than try again after a while. This occurs when your financial institution’s system cannot connect with the seller’s system, causing the payment to fail.
This way we better understand the possible reasons for card refusal.
After listing some of the situations in which it is possible to go through when making a purchase with your credit card, it is always good to remember that there are ways for you to solve your problem without major difficulties.
You can always check your card conditions before making a purchase. Checking the balance, limit and validity of the card are simple tasks that don’t take much of your time.
If the problem persists, it is always good to remember that you can contact financial institution responsible for your card and report any type of difficulty with it.