It is yet to be determined whether Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will attend King Charles’ coronation – but according to a spokesperson, the couple have received an invitation to the event, it reports The Sunday Times.
May 6 is the time for King Charles’ coronation, but whether Prince Harry will attend is yet to be determined.
Last month, a source said to be close to Prince Harry and his wife Meghan revealed that the couple had yet to receive an invitation to the historic event. Now a spokesperson for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex has confirmed that they have received an invitation, according to The Sunday Times.
“I can confirm that the Duke has recently received email correspondence from His Majesty’s Office regarding the coronation. An immediate decision on whether the Duke and Duchess will attend will not be disclosed by us at this time,” the statement read.
Prince Harry: “There is a lot that needs to be discussed”
In early January, Prince Harry released his memoirs, a book seen by some as an attack on the British royal family.
He and Meghan were recently asked to move out of their UK home, Frogmore Cottage – a decision said to have been made by the king himself and believed to be a reaction to the book.
In conjunction with the launch of the memoir, Prince Harry commented on his father’s upcoming coronation as follows:
“A lot can happen before then. But the door is always open. It’s up to them how they want to do it. There’s a lot that needs to be discussed, and I really hope they’re willing to sit down and talk about it,” he said in an interview with ITV in January.