Caixa Econômica Federal (CAIXA) is responsible for paying unemployment insurance, using resources made available by the Fundo de Amparo ao Trabalhador (FAT). Unemployment insurance is paid in three to five installments, which can be continuous or alternating, therefore depending on the time worked.
What this article covers:
Who is entitled to unemployment insurance?
Understand who is entitled to receive this insurance:
- Formal and domestic worker, due to dismissal without just cause (indirect dismissal included);
- Formal worker suspended from the employment contract, as a result of participation in a professional qualification program or course offered by the employer;
- Professional fisherman during the closed season;
- Worker rescued from a practically slave situation;
With some exceptions, even these groups must meet certain requirements to be 100% eligible for the benefit.
In what situations will the worker be entitled to unemployment insurance?
See what will entitle the worker to receive unemployment insurance:
- Worker being dismissed without just cause;
- Finding yourself unemployed;
- Lack of own income;
- Not having a social security benefit (exceptions: accident allowance and death pension);
- Having received a salary from a legal or natural person;
Change of rules according to each period that the worker requests unemployment insurance:
- First request: to have worked 12 months (minimum) of the 18 before dismissal;
- Second request: to have worked, 9 months (minimum) of the 12 before dismissal;
- Third and following requests: having worked 6 months before dismissal;
In view of these requirements, the worker must apply for insurance through the website or go to any Caixa Econômica branch.
Necessary conditions for guaranteeing unemployment insurance
See the modalities that can fit unemployment insurance.
Dismissal carried out without just cause, being, at the appropriate time, unemployed from an unemployment insurance application, not having sufficient income of his own to maintain himself and his family, not having a social security benefit (exceptions: accident allowance and death pension) and having received wages from legal or natural persons.
professional qualification scholarship
The worker must have his contract suspended, taking into account the convention or collective agreement enrolled in a professional qualification course offered by the employer. Periodicity, values and installments are exactly the same as for a formal worker, depending on the duration of the course.
For the domestic employee to have access to the unemployment insurancehe must have been dismissed without just cause, have 15 payments (minimum) to the FGTS as a domestic employee. Have worked only as a domestic servant for 15 months (minimum) in the last 24 months prior to the date of dismissal. Be registered as an Individual Social Security Contributor and have 15 contributions (minimum) to the INSS.
Not having access to enough income for you and your family and does not have a social security benefit (exceptions: accident allowance and death pension).
In the case of fishermen, there is the so-called closed insurance, paid at a certain time of the year when fishing is prohibited for a certain period in order to preserve a certain species. During this period, the fisherman will not exercise his activity, therefore, the closed season insurance is used.
The fisherman must be registered with the INSS (as a special insured person); have proof of sale of the product to the legal entity or to the cooperative in a period of 12 months prior to the beginning of the closed season. Not having a social security benefit (exceptions: accident allowance and death pension); prove professional fishing activity during a period without interruption between the previous closed season and a course and not have different employment burden.