The Portuguese are big fans of this fish, regardless of the way it is made. Does stuffed cod look good to you? We have two suggestions.
There are even a thousand and one ways to cook cod. The two recipes stuffed cod that we share today will satisfy everyone’s tastes.
Curious? See suggestions.
Stuffed Cod With Ham
- 4 soaked cod fillets
- 4 slices of ham
- 750gr of potatoes
- 4 peeled tomatoes
- 3 onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2dl of olive oil
- 2dl of white wine
- flour to sprinkle
- Frying oil
- sweet pepper qb
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper q.s.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the onions and cut into thin half moons.
- Peel and chop the garlic.
- Make a longitudinal cut in each cod fillet and fill with a slice of ham.
- Pass the cod fillets in flour and fry them in a frying pan, 5 minutes on each side, in the previously heated oil.
- Withdraw and reserve. Also reserve the fat from the frying, in the frying pan.
- Fry, separately, the potatoes cut into slices in very hot oil. Reserve.
- Use the skillet where you fried the cod again and add the onion, garlic, sweet pepper and bay leaf, letting it cook for 10 minutes.
- Then add the tomato, previously chopped, and the wine.
- Season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Finally, add the cod again.
- Cover and cook for another 10 minutes on low heat.
- Serve hot with fries and boiled vegetables.
Cod fish stuffed with shrimp
- 2kg of cod
- 3kg of potato
- 40g of chopped parsley
- 1.5 kg of medium shelled shrimp
- Desalt the cod in running water for three hours (you can freeze what is left of the piece for later use, already desalted).
- Place the desalted cod in a pan with the potato.
- Cook until the potato is pureed.
- Drain the water, remove the skin and puree or crush in a food processor.
- Clean the cod, removing the skin and bones and shredding.
- When it is well shredded and without bones, mix it with the mashed potato and the chopped parsley, until they have a consistency to roll.
- Check the salt level, which should be to taste.
- In a pan, sauté the shrimp, but with little salt.
- Open the dough and roll the shrimp, stuffing the dumpling.
- Fry in very hot oil.
Setup time:00:50 + time for the cod to desalt