He reigns in lasagna, but many believe it’s just another white sauce. Pure mistake, after all, the Béchamel sauce is incomparable. Let’s do it?
No, this is not just another white sauce recipe. Here you will learn how to make a bechamel sauce mouth-watering and that no one will be able to forget.
Ready for the step by step? Take note of the ingredients, prepare the pots and believe me: it will be worth it.
Let yourself be surprised by the classic, as tradition dictates, and bon appetit!
Traditional béchamel sauce
- 3 c. of wheat flour soup (or Maizena)
- 3 c. of butter soup at room temperature
- 500ml of milk
- salt and pepper qb
- nutmeg to taste
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- To start, heat a small pan over low heat and melt the butter.
- Then add the flour and stir continuously until you create a roux – that is, a homogeneous ball of dough.
- Stir constantly, crushing the ball to avoid lumps. If you want a lighter sauce, let it cook for just 2 or 3 minutes, but if you want a more golden sauce, increase the time to 15 minutes.
- Once you have the roux ready – that is, after forming the ball – add a little milk (quite hot) and, after letting it incorporate, repeat this process – until you finish the amount of milk indicated in the recipe.
- Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste, add the lemon zest, mix well and make sure that the béchamel sauce is at the point of velvety cream.
- Serve with pasta or top your favorite meats – not forgetting, of course, that this sauce is a lasagna recipe’s best friend.