It is easier than you think. It can often happen to you that you have deleted a message that contained important information and you want to recover it. Here we tell you how to recover it. There are several ways.
Although it may seem incredible to you, iPhones are capable of saving all the information of a message, SMS or iMessage in an SQLite database. This is an open source back-end utility built into all phones, most computers, and many applications. Thanks to this, you have several ways to retrieve a message. It all depends on how you have configured your backups. One of the ways you can recover it is like this:
You may be interested: iMessage will allow you to edit or cancel sent messages
If you have already set up iCloud backup and your iPhone backs up regularly, deleted text messages can be recovered. To do so follow this step by step:
- Head to Settings > Name > iCloud > iCloud Backup.
- Make sure iCloud Backup is enabled.
- Erase your iPhone in Settings > General > Reset.
- Select Erase all content and settings.
- The system will ask you if you want to restore your iPhone from an iCloud backup.
- Select Restore from iCloud Backup.
from the mac
Now, if, on the other hand, you make the backup copies from your Mac, then surely you have more than one backup saved. Keep in mind that starting with macOS Catalina, certain iTunes media library and features have been moved to the Apple Music, Apple TV, Apple Books, and Apple Podcasts apps, so keep this in mind if you have a Mac running macOS 11 Big Sur or macOS 12 Monterey.
In this case, to recover the text message data, you should: turn off the Find My iPhone feature on your phone. Go to Settings>Your name> Find my> Find my iPhone and deselect it. You’ll be prompted for your Apple ID password to turn off Find My iPhone. Then do the following:
- Connect the phone to the computer via USB.
- Open Finder by double-clicking the hard drive icon.
- Find your iPhone under the Locations sidebar and click on it.
- Click Manage backups to see all your saved backups and choose which one you want to restore messages from. The backup must be prior to deleting the messages.
- Click Restore iPhone.
In these two ways you can recover a message that you have deleted by mistake and that you need to recover.
Image: freestocks on Unsplash