Carrots not only improve your eyesight, but also your hair growth. We don’t say that, experts say. Before you rush to the kitchen inventing your own carrot hair mask, let’s take some time and first understand the properties of carrots and how it works on our hair.
The carrot packs a Powerful punch of vitamins A, K and C, which together form an antioxidant that repairs damaged hair follicles and promotes regeneration of new hair follicles.
It also has a high proportion of vitamin B complex, ranging from vitamins B1, B2, B3 and B6. Together, these vitamins help lock moisture into the hair, remove frizz, and add flexibility and shine to the hair.
In addition, it is rich in beta-carotene and vitamin C, which stimulate blood flow, strengthen hair roots, seal cuticles and prevent them from breaking.
Added to this, carrots have a good chunk of vitamin E, potassium and phosphorus that form a protective barrier against harmful free radicals, increasing the supply of oxygen, which in turn helps the hair strands to better absorb nutrients. Now that it’s been proven beyond a syllable of doubt, let’s start exploring how to wear carrots in your hair.
Take 1 avocado and mix it into a smooth paste. Avocado is packed with hair-loving nutrients that can do wonders for your skin.
Peel, grate and extract the juice from 1 carrot. Depending on hair length and thickness, adjust the content to suit you.
Take a bowl, add carrot juice, avocado paste and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Using curds, beat them into a smooth paste. The paste should not be too thick or thin, mix it to a medium consistency for easy application and removal.
For more nutrition, you can also add a few drops of rosemary oil to the carrot hair mask. The properties of rosemary oil will help maintain a healthy condition of the scalp, which in turn promotes hair growth.
Comb the hair with a wide-toothed comb to remove all tangles. Divide hair into small sections, hold at medium length and comb through to minimize damage.
Using a brush, apply the mask liberally through the scalp and hair. Massage it in a circular motion for about 10 minutes.
Let the mask stay on for another hour or so. Later, rinse it clean with a mild cleansing shampoo and follow it up with a suitable conditioner.
This mask helps keep the skin smooth and clean. Oily skin is basically prone to acne. This mask will help you get rid of excess oil from your face.
3 tablespoons of juice
carrot 1 tablespoon milk
butter 2 tablespoons of flour
gram 1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Mix all the above ingredients to make a paste.
2. Apply this to the face and neck.
3. Wash it after 30 minutes in warm water and dry.
4. This mask which is ideal for oily skin will also make your skin look young.
Carrot mask for tanning
This package will help you to remove the suntan and thus provide an even skin tone. The main cause of tanning is dead skin cells. This pack will remove dead skin cells and help make the skin brighter.
1 tablespoon of juice
carrot 1 tablespoon egg white
egg 1 tablespoon yogurt
How to use:
1. Mix all the ingredients and apply the mixture on the face and neck.
2. Wash it off with warm water after 20 minutes.
3. This mask will help you to give your skin a natural glow. Try this remedy at least twice a week.
to remove stains
This mask will help you to reduce blemishes if used regularly.
carrot 1 teaspoon juice
of lemon 2 tablespoons of honey
1 teaspoon of olive oil
How to use:
1. Mix all the above ingredients to form a thick paste.
2. Apply to cleansed face and neck and leave it on for about 30 minutes.
3. Rinse in warm water and pat dry. It is advisable to avoid olive oil if your skin is oily.
For glowing skin
Carrots help keep the skin glowing due to the vitamin C present in it. It is recommended to consume carrots to keep the skin smooth and healthy. Let’s see how we can use carrot externally to keep the skin glowing.
How to make:
1. For this, mix some grated carrots with honey.
2. Apply it on your face. Leave it on for 15 minutes and then wash and dry it.
3. Do this twice a week for best results.
treat dry skin
If you have dry skin, this simple carrot face mask can help cure it. This can also be used as an anti-aging mask.
2-3 tablespoons of juice
of carrots 1 tablespoon of cream
How to use:
1. Mix all the ingredients and make a paste.
2. Apply this paste on the neck and face and leave it on for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, wash it off in warm water.
3. This mask will make your skin smooth and moisturize it, thus preventing dryness