Find out here what are the necessary requirements for you to be a beneficiary of the maternity allowance of the National Institute of Social Security.
What this article covers:
What is maternity pay?
The maternity allowance is a benefit paid by the National Institute of Social Security to people in the midst of removal from their work activities due to the birth of a child, non-criminal abortion and adoption and/or legal custody. destined for adoption. Check below if you are entitled to maternity pay, a benefit that can be done exclusively over the internet, without the need to leave your home and go to a National Social Security Institute.
What are the requirements for receiving the maternity salary by the INSS?
According to the partner at the firm Filhorini Advogados Associados, lawyer Flávia Filhorini explains that, for a person to be a beneficiary of the maternity salary, he or she must have the ‘quality of insurance’. Among other words, in addition to having to be included in the standard of person described above, you need to have the ‘quality of an insured person’, which would be:
- be contributing to the National Institute of Social Security or;
- Being in the grace period, known as the time in which the quality of insured is maintained after the payments cease or;
- Be receiving some benefit from the INSS, apart from the accident allowance.
If you have never made any type of payment and want to be assured of being insured in order to obtain the maternity salary benefit, you must comply with a minimum grace period of 10 monthly contributions to the National Institute of Social Security🇧🇷
How do I apply for maternity benefit?
To apply for the INSS maternity benefit, follow the steps listed below:
- Through your internet browser, access the website “My INSS🇧🇷
- Make the selection of the option “Salary-Materinity”;
- Click on the option “Request” and then on “Scheduling”;
- Inform your Individual Taxpayer Registration (CPF);
- Fill out the form presented in the system;
After that, the request for the maternity benefit will be sent and you will need to wait a few days for the system to analyze and prove your right to the maternity benefit.