Find out the step-by-step process for withdrawing from the Severance Indemnity Fund, a right guaranteed to every worker who performs some type of service in the job market with a formal contract.
What this article covers:
In which cases can the FGTS withdrawal be made?
The FGTS withdrawal can be made if you:
- Has been dismissed without just cause;
- Have retired;
- Have purchased a home of your own;
- The employing company has been closed;
- Your temporary work contract has come to an end;
- Have gone through a contract termination process through an agreement with your employer, in which case it is possible to withdraw 80% of the balance from the linked account;
- Have spent 90 days or more without performing the service of a remunerated activity.
- Be 70 years of age or older;
- Have some type of serious illness and/or in a terminal state or in a member of your family;
Source/Reproduction: OriginalThese are the main cases in which FGTS withdrawals can be made.
What documents are required to withdraw FGTS?
The documents that are required to withdraw from the Severance Indemnity Fund:
- Personal documentation such as the General Registry (RG), the National Driver’s License (CNH), the Work Card and/or the Passport;
- Documentation such as PIS/PASEP, NIS and/or NIT numbers;
- Termination Documentation;
- Documentation with the Employment Card with the presentation of the discharge given by the employing company;
- Labor Court Conciliation Documentation acknowledging the dismissal, in the event of an agreement and/or conciliation in a labor claim;
- Documentation of the Conciliation Term issued by the Prior Conciliation Commission in case the termination took place through the Conciliation Term;
- Documentation of the Judgment of the Arbitration Court in case of establishing the rescission through a court judgment;
- Documentation with the acts of the general meetings and/or of the Board of Directors that decide on the appointment, eventual reappointments, termination of the mandate and/or the dismissal of the non-employee director, with registration in the notary of titles and documentation and/or present at the Board of Trade.
These are the main documents that need to be presented in order to withdraw the Severance Indemnity Fund. However, there are isolated cases in which it is necessary to present specific documentation.
In the event of termination of the term contract
In the event of termination of the term contract, please submit the following documents:
- Documentation of the Termination Agreement;
- Documentation with the PIS number;
- Work Card;
- Term contract documentation;
- Documentation of Minutes at the Assembly.
Only in cases where the contract ended for a previously stipulated period.
In case of retirement process
Document the following documents:
- Documentation with the PIS and/or NIS number;
- Documentation with the retirement granting certificate;
- Work Card;
- Documentation of the Transfer to a Reserve with Remuneration;
Only in cases where the person is in the process of receiving retirement.
In the event of the death of the beneficiary, when the family can withdraw the FGTS
At that time, the following documents must be presented:
- Personal documentation;
- Documentation with PIS and/or NIS numbering;
- Work Card;
- Documentation with the declaration of dependency of the beneficiary’s family members;
- Documentation of birth certificate and/or identity and CPF in case of having minors in the family.
In the event of the death of the recipient of the benefit, the family can withdraw the FGTS by showing this documentation.
How to withdraw FGTS?
To withdraw the Length of Service Guarantee Fund which a maximum amount of R$ 3,000 can be withdrawn, you can use your Citizen Card to access the service through Caixa Aqui correspondents, lottery shops, electronic service points and self-service rooms.
If you have the Citizen Card, don’t worry, because you can make your withdrawal from the Severance Indemnity Fund at the self-service service at a Caixa agency in your region.
In order to carry out this type of procedure, it is necessary to inform the PIS/Pasep – NIT – NIS number and its passwords, if the withdrawal from the Severance Indemnity Fund does not exceed the amount of R$1,500.00. Otherwise, if your withdrawal from the Severance Indemnity Fund is greater than R$1,500.00, you must go directly to the Caixa branch counters.
If you do not have a Caixa Econômica Federal branch in your city, check which banks are connected to the FGTS so that you can bring the necessary documentation to guarantee your right to withdraw from the Severance Pay Fund.
Was this article helpful?
We appreciate your feedback.