In connection with Scanautomatic, ProcessTeknik and Nordic Food Industry, the technology prize is awarded. The prestigious award, which is usually awarded in industry and innovation, consists of two parts. This year, Schneider Electric received one from the jury but also one from the visitors at the fairs.
Schneider Electric wins the jury prize of the Swedish Technology Award
The 2022 winner of the Swedish Technology Prize’s jury prize is Schneider Electric for its digital platform EcoStruxure. The platform is open and thus makes it possible to freely connect hardware from different manufacturers and also upgrade where control and regulation components and sensors are kept. The software means that today’s business models are challenged and the customer can freely choose solutions. EcoStruxure is based on the latest standards and enables the next generation of engineers to program processes using modern high-level languages.
– This win is very important to us, partly to draw attention to this new technology, but it is also a receipt that Schneider Electric is at the forefront when it comes to software platforms. Transparency is an important part and we see that it is important for the entire industry to start working more like this. That’s why this is great fun, says Daniel Ljungqvist, sales manager at Schneider Electric.
– The driving force for both society and industry is to be on your toes when it comes to innovation. Innovation is not only about breaking new ground at colleges and universities, but also translating it into technology in society that enables both climate change and sustainable production. We in the jury judge that Schneider Electric’s product will be of great importance for the industry’s development, says Staffan Folestad, jury member and Consultant and visiting researcher Chalmers (IMS), PhD, Assoc Prof.
Novotek winner if the visitors decide
In 2022, Novotek took home the Swedish Technology Award’s visitor prize, where they were nominated for their software solution Intelligence Hub. Intelligence Hub is built to be able to retrieve data that is already on the factory floor and model/structure it. The solution allows producing companies to scale up their data quickly and is thus an important start to a digitization journey.
– Novotek stands for new technology and the award shows that we are doing the right things. That we succeeded in developing new technology for the industry. Innovation is required to be part of the future and this award is proof that we do it, says Thomas Lundqvist, sales manager at Novotek.
Atlas Copco Compressor and Heidenhain received honorable mentions
Heidenhain awarded the jury’s honorable mention for its follow-up and monitoring software. The software makes it possible for both small and large companies to start their digitization journey, without large initial investments. Companies can quickly identify potential for increased production in existing equipment.
Atlas Copco Compressor is awarded the jury’s honorable mention for its equipment for nitrogen gas production. Producing nitrogen gas where and when it is needed means a significant environmental advantage. The product contributes to the green transition and the user’s resilience.
The Swedish Technology Award focused on innovations in industrial automation, process automation and digitization.
– The Swedish Technology Award is a joint effort between the three fairs and we have also had nominees from all three fairs. It feels great fun and important for our industry. The purpose of the award is to raise innovations on the market. We want to highlight news coming from Sweden and highlight the fantastic innovation here, says Lars Hamberg, jury member and Phd Food Production, RISE.
The companies that were nominated for the Swedish Technology Award 2022 were:
- Atlas Copco Compressor AB
- HEIDENHAIN Scandinavia AB
- IFM Electronic AB
- Novotek Sweden AB
- Schneider Electric Sweden AB