The salmon rolls They are an ideal snack to prepare whenever you want. They are perfect as a appetizer tasty, like entry at special dinners and also as a fresh, light and fast second course What can you eat for lunch or dinner? It is a recipe that does not require cooking, and that is good for the palate… and for the eyes.
Yes, because salmon rolls lend themselves very well to a buffet with a high visual impact. Either way, this is just one of the many ways you can get the most out of salmon.
Salmon rolls: a simple entry
The recipe for salmon rolls is a simple entry, fast and can be prepared in advance. The dish will not be ruined if it is stored in the refrigerator and properly covered with cling film.
The rolls have inside a delicious filling of fresh cheese, vegetables and spices. A recipe that knows how to combine a noble fish, such as salmon, with a low-fat dairy product of bovine origin and the beloved vegetable fibers. It is complete in every way.
To season and make our rolls even lighter, you can use fresh herbs such as basil and arugula, cut into small pieces and mixed into the filling. Even fennel can be good, if you use it as lecho for the main dish, instead of the typical lettuce. Thus, salmon rolls will always be appetizing and healthy.
salmon roll recipe
Salmon and fresh cheese rolls
Servings 4 people
Calories per Person 173
Total Calories 690
- 100 g fresh cheese (cottage cheese, fresh cheese from Burgos or Philadelphia type);
- 400 g of fennels;
- 150 g smoked salmon;
- 1 branch of arugula;
- 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil;
- 1 stalk of celery;
- Basil to taste;
- Salt to taste;
- Pepper to taste;
- Lemon to taste;
- Pink pepper to taste;
- Chives to taste
- In a bowl, knead the fresh cheese with a little oil, salt and a little pepper, add the chopped basil and the chopped arugula; mix to obtain a homogeneous cream.
- Arrange the salmon slices on a sheet of parchment paper, slightly overlapping them to form a rectangle.
- Spread the cream cheese on top. Roll the salmon tightly in the baking paper and put it in the fridge for half an hour.
- Meanwhile, slice the fennel and celery, season with a light vinaigrette made with salt, the remaining oil and lemon juice, and arrange on a plate.
- Cut the salmon roll into slices with a sharp knife, arrange the rolls over the fennel and garnish with chives and pink peppercorns.
Nutritional values and benefits
With the salmon and fresh cheese rolls, taste and lightness are guaranteed. These smoked salmon rolls always make a good impression at the table. And they also smile at the diet and, in general, at all balanced eating regimens. With their 170-180 kcal per servingare intrinsically light.
Regarding nutritional values, it is one of the most beneficial dishes. This thanks to the use of quality ingredients and extremely important for their properties.
- The Salmon It is a type of fish that can be eaten at least once a week because it is rich in Omega 3 and other “good” fats for the heart, arteries, and cholesterol; The contribution of protein and mineral salts is also great. Sodium, magnesium, potassium and phosphorus They are on the list of the most present and important elements.
- The fresh cheese have proteins of high biological value and calcium useful for bones and teeth. You can use it of bovine origin, as in our recipe, or of goat if you prefer, to obtain a slightly more intense flavor.
- Along with the main ingredients are the aromatic herbswhich have almost all digestive properties and the fennelamong the vegetables that “inflate” thanks to their ability to form intestinal gases.
For all these reasons, smoked salmon and fresh cheese or cottage cheese rolls are a nutritious, light dish with a particular taste.