We don’t always give due value to vegetables, but today we share two recipes for roasted cauliflower. Try it you will like it.
“Cauliflower is nothing more than a cabbage with a higher education.” The words are from the famous American writer Mark Twain and, to do them justice, we share two recipes from roasted cauliflower that will surprise even the least vegetable fans.
Cauliflower is a vegetable from the same family as broccoli and excellent for those who want to lose weight, since it contains few calories and lots of fiber, which helps to maintain the feeling of satiety.
Cauliflower Roasted with Butter and Herbs
Type:lunch or dinner
- 1 cube of vegetable broth
- 1l water
- 1 kg cauliflower
- fresh thyme to taste
- 2 bay leaves
- 100gr butter
- pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180º.
- Dilute the vegetable broth cube in a liter of boiling water.
- Remove the leaves from the cauliflower. Rinse with water and clean well.
- Place in a deep pan, cover with the broth, add thyme and bay leaf and cook over low heat for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Drain the cauliflower and place in an oven dish.
- Sprinkle with the broth and melted butter, and season with a little more thyme and pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes, basting with the sauce from time to time.
- Before removing from the oven, turn on the grill function and let it brown for about 5 minutes.
Baked cauliflower with ham and cheese
Type:lunch or dinner
- 1 c. butter soup
- 1 c. wheat flour soup
- 1 tea cup of milk
- Salt, pepper and nutmeg qb
- 500g of cauliflower without leaves
- 3 c. chopped ham soup
- 3 c. chopped mozzarella cheese soup
- 2 c. grated parmesan cheese soup
- In a pan, melt the butter, add the wheat flour and let it brown.
- Add the milk, stirring constantly.
- Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste.
- Mix well and cook until thickened. Reserve.
- In a baking dish, place the cauliflower, ham and mozzarella and cover with the reserved white sauce.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake at 180° for about 10 minutes or until browned.
benefits of cauliflower
Find out why you should introduce this food into your routine:
- Improves intestinal transit due to its fiber content;
- It’s rich in antioxidants like vitamin C, which helps protect cells;
- Maintains muscle health, as it contains a high potassium content;
- Improves the skin and strengthens the immune system, due to its high antioxidant content;
- Maintains bone health by containing vitamin K and potassium.