Rice flour crackers are delicately sweet, free from gluten, ideal for breakfasts and snacks. They are suitable for people with celiac disease, gluten intolerance or simply trying to limit foods that contain these proteins. Likewise, in addition to being light and tasty, our rice flour cookies are also lactose free.
These cookies are quick and easy to prepare and, with the doses that we will provide you, you will obtain approximately 25 cookies that you can keep in the pantry for several days, as long as they are in a closed container. In this way, they become a tasty and healthy alternative to commercial cookies, to try and repeat every time you crave something sweet that is not something highly caloric.
Rice flour cookies, the power of lightness
The rice flour is obtained grinding rice grains, does not contain gluten and can be used in various ways instead of traditional flour. For example, when used in cakes, it makes them lighter and crispier. It is also perfect in custard and béchamel. Therefore, it is an important addition to the diet of everyone, even those without gluten sensitivity.
In the market you can find different types of this product. Brown rice flour is the most complete from a nutritional point of view and contains a low glycemic index, that is, it increases blood sugar levels more slowly. White rice flour, on the other hand, comes from a finer grain and is obtained by grinding it without its outer shell.
Rice Flour Crackers Recipe
rice flour crackers
Dish: Gluten-free dessert
Preparation 20 minutes
cooking 20 minutes
Calories per person: 291
Total calories: 1458
- 200 g of rice flour
- 1 egg
- 50 g of sunflower oil
- 50g of sugar
- 1 lemon zest
- Half a packet of baking powder
- 30g of water
- Beat the whole egg in a bowl, add the sugar, lemon zest and flour. Start mixing, then add the flour, yeast, oil, and water. Shape into a loaf and let it rest in the fridge wrapped in cling film for about half an hour.
- Roll out the dough on a sheet of baking paper with the help of a lightly floured rolling pin. The thickness should be about 2-3 millimeters. Cut the cookies in the shape you like best and knead the cutouts again, without kneading them too much.
- Bake, in a preheated oven, in static mode, at 180° for about twenty minutes. Serve them cold.
Rice flour crackers, many tasty versions
Our recipe will allow you to prepare excellent butterless rice flour crackers, but you can customize them by making them even tastier and in a different way. For example, you can add drops of a good dark chocolate, preferably 85%.
You can also fill them with unsweetened fruit preserves, almost like mini tarts. And speaking of cake, doubling the ingredients, with this recipe you can make a good gluten free pastafrola.
Bimby Rice Flour Crackers
You can also make rice crackers with the Bimby. In this version you will find butter in the ingredients. Here are the portions and the procedure.
- In the Bimby jar add 200 grams of rice flour, 70 grams of butter in pieces, 65 grams of sugar, two eggs, a pinch of salt and a little lemon zest. Turn on the machine to speed 5 for 20 seconds.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap after taking it out of the machine and let it rest in the fridge for half an hour. Then, roll out the dough and cut it out. I baked, in a previously preheated oven, in static mode at 180°, for about twenty minutes and, finally, before serving, let them cool completely.
Rice flour cookies in the diet and on the menus
With our doses you will be able to do approximately 25 candies of 58 calories each. You can enjoy two cookies for breakfast accompanied by a coffee or a cup of hot, normal or vegetable milk. Do not exceed the amounts because white rice flour, which is often used to make cakes, has a very high glycemic index due to its grain. Therefore, if you have diabetes problems, prepare our cookies with brown rice flour, the result will be equally delicious.
Rice flour is rich in fibers, in B vitamins, especially B1, B2, B3 and minerals. Among them are phosphorus and potassium. It is also low in saturated fat, sugar and is completely gluten free. However, vitamins A, C and E are completely absent.
In addition, this product provides a good amount of protein with a low amount of fat. Also noteworthy in rice flour cookies is the nutritional contribution of the egg, with its protein of high biological value and significant amounts of iron, calcium, potassium and magnesium.