HomeBUSINESSPrimark launches its first circular product collection

Primark launches its first circular product collection

New 35-piece collection designed by Primark to last longer and help reduce waste.

Primark is launching its first range of products designed and manufactured to be reused or recycled. Customers will be able to purchase the new collection of circular products, designed using Primark’s new Circular Product Standard, which is based on principles established by the Ellen MacArthur Foundation.

This 35-piece collection, which includes men’s, women’s and children’s clothing, is made up of universally loved shapes, designs and colors that you can easily mix and match with the rest of your wardrobe.

From fiber composition to increased durability and recyclability, each piece is designed to support Primark’s ambition to move towards a more circular future. This collection is Primark’s first, but there will be more to come later in the year.

From wide leg jeans and relaxed fit jeans to relaxed fit denim shirts and t-shirts, it’s a spring/summer clothing collection designed to mix and match, knowing that the pieces can be recycled again and transformed into new clothes and materials when they reach the end of their useful life.

The price of the collection is within the values ​​Primark has accustomed us to, with prices ranging from €5 to €25, which is part of Primark’s commitment to making more sustainable fashion accessible to its customers.

All the pieces in the collection were designed and manufactured to be reused or recycled, focusing on three fundamental axes:

  • More sustainably sourced materials: clothing in the collection is made with at least 95% cotton from Primark’s Sustainable Cotton Program, which empowers cotton farmers to use less water, chemical fertilizers and pesticides while still getting more out of it. The other 5% is made up of trimmings, embellishments or buttons, which, whenever possible, have been designed to be removable or recyclable.
  • Durability: Everything has a life cycle, even clothes. But how long an item should last and what Primark, and customers, can do to extend its life is something Primark is challenging itself to delve into. This new collection has been tested for durability in accordance with Primark’s new durability wash standard.
  • Recyclability: each part is designed to be recycled at the end of its useful life. This means that, where possible, parts and buttons can be removed so that the items can be more easily reused or recycled into new fibers or new products. Customers can drop off their used clothing at one of the collection points that are currently available at Primark stores in select markets

new framing

Nicholas Lambert, Circular Product Lead at Primark, recalls, “This collection brings together years of work to create a new framework, with the ambition to enable our product teams and suppliers to create more circular products that are designed with the end in mind. . This led to the creation of our first affordable wardrobe circular collection that customers can re-wear, repair and ultimately recycle.”

For Jules Lennon, Fashion Lead, Ellen MacArthur Foundation, “To respond to today’s fashion industry as it pertains to buy, make and waste, we must transition to a circular economy for fashion, where clothes are more used, designed to be reused again through safe, recycled or renewable materials”.

Alongside the collection, Primark has published its new Circular Product Pattern, a framework for how it intends to design products now and in the future.

It will be used by Primark’s Product Teams and its suppliers to support Primark’s ambition for clothes to be worn for as long as possible and then recycled at the end of their useful life. It will be updated annually to reflect Primark’s progress in this area.

See too

  • Stadler and Salvador Caetano create train factory in Portugal

  • A5 service area reopens with new Colibri space

Must Read