Gluten-free pineapple and vanilla cake it is a light cake. Gets ready quickly and easily: it is enough to gather a few ingredients, which are often found at home, without the need to go shopping.
The pineapple tart is flavored with vanilla and made with raw cane sugar, which gives it a very original “cappuccino” color. In our version, the classic white sugar has been replaced by brown sugar. Is about a healthier ingredient than white sugar, because it is less refined, has slightly fewer calories, and contains more fiber and minerals. The pineapple and vanilla cake can be taken for breakfastaccompanied by a source of protein such as a glass of milk or yogurt.
Pineapple and vanilla cake when you are on a diet
Light and very soft, it is a gluten-free variant of the classic pineapple upside-down cake that takes us back in time and smells like a snack. Thanks to the substitution of wheat flour for gluten-free rice flour, the cake can also be enjoyed by celiacs and gluten intolerant people. Also, replacing butter with rice oil allows to reduce animal fats in favor of vegetables and therefore reduce calories. is a solution very useful both for those who follow a healthy and low-calorie diet as well as for those who need to keep their cholesterol under control.
Nutritional values of the pineapple and vanilla cake
To make the gluten-free soft pineapple cake, rice flour, a wildcard ingredient in gluten-free cooking. This flour is rRich in various nutritional properties, such as fiber, minerals and B vitamins. At the same time, it has a low in saturated fat. Rice flour is excellent for making cakes, especially biscuits and biscuits, because it gives the dough a crunchy texture.
- Pineapplethe ingredient that gives its name to this delicacy, It is a very popular fruit when following a slimming diet. However, it is good to dispel some myths about its properties and, at the same time, confirm its qualities. In our recipe, we have used natural, already packaged pineapple, but it is always preferable to use fresh fruit, especially if you have the possibility to buy and clean it. Pineapple has many properties: firstly, it is very good to combat fluid retention, so it is an essential help in slimming diets. It also has valuable digestive and anti-inflammatory qualities. Very rich in vitamin Cexerts an antioxidant action, protecting the skin from aging.
- The presence of yogurt gives the pineapple cake a more fragrant and appetizing taste. Skimmed yogurt contains good amounts of calcium but is low in fat. This last feature makes it ideal for flavoring dough without adding too many calories.
How to prepare pineapple and vanilla cake for 5 people
Calories per person: 285
Total calories: 2850
- 282.5 g of pineapple sliced natural
- 90 g of raw cane sugar
- 65ml pineapple juice
- 30ml rice oil
- 125 ml of skimmed white yogurt
- 1.5 large eggs
- 100 g of rice flour
- 35 g potato starch
- Half a packet of baking powder
- Half a sachet of vanillin
- Line a 24 cm tart tin with a disc of baking paper. Arrange the pineapple slices in the bottom, so that they cover the surface well, reserving the leftovers. Beat the eggs with the brown sugar in a planetary mixer until a frothy, cappuccino-colored mixture is obtained.
- Mix the yogurt with the pineapple juice, rice oil, flour, starch, baking powder and vanillin in a bowl. Gently add this mixture to the egg and sugar mixture. Dice the leftover pineapple and add it to the mixture, then pour it over the pineapple slices in the pan.
- Once cooked, remove the mold from the oven and, with the help of a knife, gently peel off the edges of the cake and leave to cool. Turn the tart onto a rack and remove the baking paper before serving.