Ornamental plants in decoration: tips are options that we separate to make your home more charming and showy. And there are several species to beautify the space. In addition to decorating the internal and external environments, these plants bring more life to the place and even leave the house fragrant. Check out the tips we’ve separated for you to decorate the house with ornamental plants.
What this article covers:
Decorative ornamental plants
Ornamental plants attract attention for their beauty, as they are cultivated with an aesthetic purpose. In total, experts estimate that 3,000 plants are made up of a variety of plants that can be used in interior decorations, such as in living rooms, or even gardens, to make the space lively and colorful.
The options for ornamental plants in decoration: tips that we separate are very popular, as they stand out for the shape and colors of the leaves and foliage. Some exude a scent, display fruits and have a breathtaking texture.
Decorating the house with ornamental plants is simpler than you might think. Species can be cultivated using different vases, containers, just use creativity.
Ornamental plant tips
Before choosing the plant species, you need to make sure that the type selected is suitable for growing indoors. Experts warn that there are ornamental plants that survive only in external environments, as they need sun. Other species still need more watering time. Check out the tips for the perfect ornamental plants for certain environments:
– Raffia: It is the type of ornamental plant widely used indoors, mainly in living rooms. The species does not need a lot of light, but it must always be humid. However, it is not indicated to water the plant in excess.
– Fern: This is a species used in environments where there is shade. That’s because the fern is a type of ornamental plant in decoration: tips for places that don’t receive direct light. Experts claim that it is the type of plant that, in addition to decorating the house, promotes good health, as it purifies the air in the room.
– Succulents: They are species very used to decorate the house with ornamental plants. They are widely used in environments such as living rooms, kitchens, bathrooms. The advantage is that they are very showy and do not need excessive care. Some species, however, require direct light to survive.
– Orchids: It is a kind of ornamental plant that surprises with its colorful flowering. Orchids like places with little shade, but need plenty of water to thrive. Watering can be done at least once a week.
– Jasmine: Some people choose to place it in their bedrooms, as, according to studies, it is able to improve the quality of their sleep. If this is your option, then don’t forget to put the plant in the sun at least three times a week.
These are just a few tips, as there are hundreds of other species. It is still worth knowing a little about lavender and violet.
Ornamental plants to decorate the kitchen
Pepper, basil and rosemary are yet other options for decorating the house with ornamental plants, especially the kitchen. In addition to decorating, they perfume and are used to prepare food.
All of them, however, like other ornamental plants, need sun, watering and care, such as pruning.
There are many species options for all environments in the house. Take the opportunity to learn more about each one of them with the selection of Ornamental plants in decoration: tips.
Benefits of plants in the house
Nature is capable of transforming decoration, providing charm and beauty. One of the ways to work with natural elements in the look of the house is using ornamental plants, that is, species famous for their bold and sophisticated appearance.
THEs plants manage to innovate the stimuli and sensations inside the home. When well used in the visual environment, they contribute to freshness and release pleasant fragrances, capable of generating the well-being of residents.
Ornamental species are perfect for inserting the green element in home decor. In addition to attracting positive energies to the room, they contribute to the feeling of lightness and adjust to the needs of contemporary style. Instead of decorating indoor environments with flower pots, it is worth investing in a ornamental plant and make the decoration proposal more modern.
Tips on ornamental plants
Like any plant that decorates indoor environments, it is important to take some care with maintenance. Before starting the cultivation of a species, try to know its needs in terms of watering, lighting and fertilizer. The vase or planter that will be used for planting still needs to be an appropriate size for the plant, so that it does not interfere with the development of the roots.
In order for the ornamental plant to remain beautiful for a longer time, it is essential to be concerned about its health. Try to create conditions for survival, betting mainly on fertile land that provides the nutrients that the species needs to develop. Maintain moisture balance and prune regularly.
Among the ornamental plants most used to decorate the house, it is worth mentioning indoor palm trees, bromeliads, agave, asparagus, buxina, orchids, with me-no-one-can, madagascar dracena, saint jorge’s sword and tree fern. paulista. Remembering that the ornamentation of the house can be made with flowers, foliage or bushes.
How to decorate with ornamental plants?
– Try to place the ornamental plant near a source of natural light, such as a window.
– It is possible to work with different plants side by side in the decoration, but they cannot have divergent needs.
– Some places in the house are more suitable for growing ornamental plants, such as the living room, kitchen, porch and entrance hall. But, avoid placing landscape elements in the bathroom, as excessive humidity and lack of ventilation damage the leaves and flowers.
– To avoid pests that compromise the health and beauty of plants, bet on monthly spraying.
Take advantage of the tips and invest in decorating your home.