A dish can never be bad if it includes cod, one of the ingredients most appreciated by the Portuguese. See how to make Minho codfish.
Traditional Portuguese cuisine brings us very rich dishes and if it contains cod, then it whets our appetite even more. We show you how to do Cod At Minhotain a traditional and Thermomix – if you have this kitchen robotwhich helps to save time.
Follow the instructions exactly and you’ll see how you find the perfect recipe for long hair here. sunday lunches🇧🇷
But there is a secret that we want to share with you, so that everything is even tastier: choose good quality cod – it makes all the difference.
Cod At Minhota
Type:lunch or dinner
- 4 cod fillets
- 800gr of potatoes
- 1/2 red pepper
- 3 onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2dl of olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- qb olives
- parsley qb
- salt and pepper qb
- flour for passing
- Frying oil
- Timely soak the cod loins in water.
- On the day of making the recipe, dry well with a kitchen towel.
- Season with a pinch of pepper, roll in flour and set aside.
- Peel and wash the onions and garlic cloves, cut the onions into half moons and mince the garlic.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the cod fillets and fry on both sides.
- Remove and reserve the cod, add the onion, garlic and bay leaf to the same frying pan with the frying oil and let it cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion begins to turn golden. Remove from heat and reserve.
- Peel and wash the potatoes, cut into thin slices, fry in oil, drain and season with a little fine salt.
- Arrange the cod loins in the center of a platter, spread the onion mixture over the top, place the fries around, decorate with the pepper cut into strips, olives and parsley sprigs and serve.
Minho style cod in Thermomix
Type:lunch or dinner
- 4 slices of desalted cod
- 100gr olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- 20gr paprika
- 30gr parsley
- 400g sliced onion
- 2 bay leaves
- salt qb
- 400gr frying potatoes, cut into very thin slices
- 40gr vinegar
- 80gr red pepper cut into strips
- chopped parsley qb
method of preparation
- Heat a frying pan with a drizzle of olive oil and lightly fry the cod fillets on both sides. Place in Varoma and reserve.
- Place oil, garlic, paprika and parsley in mixing bowl then chop 5 sec/speed 5.
- Add the onion, bay leaves, salt, place the Varoma with the cod.
- Program 20 min/Varoma/Reverse Speed/Spoon.
- Remove the cod to a serving platter and reserve.
- Fry the potato and reserve.
- Add the vinegar and pepper to the glass and program 2 min/100ºC/Reverse Speed/Spoon.
- Remove and place on the cod pieces.
- Serve the cod with the chips and sprinkled with parsley.