Light chocolate mousse: light and tasty
It’s about a light chocolate mousse very appetizing which is prepared without adding cream. Is very easy to do and will leave everyone speechless, from children to the most demanding adults.
The Chocolat, especially the one with a high percentage of cocoa, is good for health. This is so thanks to cocoaa plant imported from Latin America by Christopher Columbus, whose seeds are rich in antioxidant substances.
Therefore, if you are on a diet, It is important that you do not eliminate cocoa from your diet: the important thing, if you want to use it to create sweet dishes, is not to exaggerate with sugar or fats such as butter.
Recipe for a light chocolate mousse
light chocolate mousse
Dish: Light desserts
Servings: 6 servings
– 3 egg whites
– 140 g of dark chocolate at 70
– 75 ml of skimmed milk
– 90 g of sugar
– 45 ml of water
– optional orange peel
– 1 tablespoon of cocoa to sprinkle on the mousse
1. Pour the milk into a heavy-bottomed saucepan and melt the chopped dark chocolate.
2. In another saucepan, mix the sugar with the water and heat the syrup to a temperature between 117° and 121°, which can be measured with a kitchen thermometer.
3. Meanwhile, mount the egg whites in a very clean bowl or in a planetary mixer. When the syrup has reached temperature, pour half of the syrup into the whites while continuing to beat, then add the rest of the syrup. Continue beating until the mixture is very firm and shiny. Add the orange zest to the milk and chocolate mixture.
4. Next, pour the chocolate and milk mixture into the meringue mixture and gently fold it in, moving slowly from top to bottom so as not to disassemble everything. Serve everything in 6 small glasses and put in the refrigerator to harden for at least two hours.
5. Serve the mousses sprinkled with dark chocolate and, if desired, orange zest.
The nutritional properties of cocoa
The cocoa as a plant, from which we obtain the tasty Chocolat of our recipe, has various nutritional properties: We use its seeds, which are fermented, roasted, or ground, depending on the specific process used to turn them into a powder.
But, what are the properties of cocoa? Below are the most important.
- cocoa is one of the most important sources of flavonoids, antioxidants present in plant foods such as tea, red wine, berries and citrus fruits. flavonoids protect arteries from arteriosclerosis damageprevent cardiovascular diseases and slow down the cognitive decline in old age.
- Contains protein, various minerals and B vitamins.
- Contains serotonin and tyraminesubstances useful against depression and the anxiety disorders. Of course it also contains caffeine, useful for concentrationbut not recommended for those with hypertension Y sleep disorders.
- Cocoa is a very energetic food, with 228 calories per 100 grams, so better not to exaggerate with the portions. However, due to this feature, is especially recommended for athletes and developing adolescents.
- Eat chocolate stimulates the cardiovascular system Y increases blood flow to areas of the brain responsible for memory and concentrationkeeping them healthy.
The recipe is an idea from Antonella from the blog Fotogrammi di zucchero.