The iPhone iOS 16 version update is now available for Colombia. As soon as we were notified of its availability, we set about installing it and testing the new features that come with this operating system.
In principle we have to be very clear, the main change in this update is seen in the lock screens. As such, the system changes and allows a new level of updating of this screen that until now was a bit underused by users. There is no doubt that this new approach to iOS 16 is intended for the always-on screen that will come with the iPhone 14 Pro and 14 Pro Max.
The first and most positive thing to note about this update is that you now have many options to update your lock screen. Colors, widgets, themes, photos and others you can choose when configuring your lock screen.
There are so many options that you will surely not be able to decide on just one in particular. This is where the function of more than one lock screen is essential. You can make as many lock screens as you want. There seems to be no limit on the amount. And it is very easy to do it:
It may interest you: iOS 16 will arrive on September 12, these are its news
- Lock the cell phone and have it show the lock screen.
- Then press and hold the screen until the “Customize” option appears
- There you will be able to see all the lock screens that you have configured, if not click on the blue “+” button to add a new one. (The fun begins here)
- When you decide to start the configuration of a new lock screen you can choose what you want. A suggested layout or one with a suggested photo (you can change the photo later) or astronomy, weather, emoji, or just color.
- Then you can configure aspects such as the Widgets that you want to have access to from the lock screen and choose the style. You can even configure a lock screen that shows you different photos at a certain time.
- Once you have decided everything, you can save it and then decide if it will be used on your main screen.
We are not exaggerating, there are so many options that you can choose that we would not have enough time to explain them all. It is best to start using the feature and make all the lock screens you want.
the not so nice
It’s early to talk about the not-so-beautiful things about this update, however, there are a couple of aspects that make it a bit sad. The first of these is the function of placing the image in front of the time, which can result in not so aesthetic borders and untidy finishes.
On the other hand, the widgets that you can place on the lock screen are maximum 4 and when they are active, the deep effect function on the screen will not be active. So you have to decide between widgets or deep effect with your face in this setting.
New updates will surely come that will improve some aspects of this operating system, but the way it is now is for you to start exploring everything new that it has for your iPhone.
Image: ENTER.CO/Apple Montage