If you’re a fan of the famous Spanish tapas, then today we show you how to make gambas al ajillo, which is like prawns with garlic.
Share the post “Gambas al ajillo: impossible to resist prawns with garlic for starters”
It is not difficult to prepare the recipe for gambas al ajillo, but we warn you right away that you may have a serious problem. This dish is so delicious that it could become truly addictive.
It is another one of the most consumed tapas in Spain and that the Portuguese – as good connoisseurs of good food that they are – decided to import. After all, no one is able to resist to that saucewhich even asks for a generous slice of bread soaked.
Easy and quick to make, gambas al ajillo are, therefore, in an entrance that looks like it was made by a chef. Your guests will be impressed and will always ask for more.
Prawns al ajillo with whiskey
- 800g of fresh shrimp
- 125ml olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- lemon juice
- 1 bay leaf
- Chopped parsley
- 60ml of whiskey
- salt qb
- Peel the prawns and remove the gut.
- Season the prawns with a little salt, chili pepper and lemon juice.
- Engage the seasoning well.
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil, garlic cloves and bay leaf.
- Let it heat up until the garlic cloves are golden.
- Add the prawns and let them fry well until they gain color.
- When they start to take on color, sprinkle with the whiskey and bring to a boil.
- Fry over a high heat for another minute until the prawns are golden brown.
- Finally, mix the parsley and remove from the heat.
Prawns al ajillo with white wine
- 800r of prawns
- 4 c. olive oil soup
- 2 garlic cloves
- 5 drops of hot sauce
- 1dl of white wine
- salt and pepper qb
- Peel the prawns, remove the gut and wash well.
- Heat the oil and fry the prawns. Season with salt and pepper.
- With a knife, chop the garlic.
- Add to the prawns and let it brown a little.
- Add the spice and refresh with the white wine.
- Let it cook for five minutes and serve.
Article originally published in December 2021. Updated in October 2022.