There are several ways to transfer photos from an iPhone to a computer. The easiest way is to use iCloud, where the images are saved automatically.
You then only need to visit the website iCloud.com where you can download your photos. It’s by far the easiest way and requires nothing more than logging in using your Apple ID. In many ways this is the fastest and easiest way but it is not the only way.
Transfer photos from iPhone to your PC
To import your photos directly from your phone to your PC, you need to follow the steps below:
- Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed on your PC or at least version 12.5.1.
- Connect your phone to the computer using a USB cable.
- If prompted, unlock the phone with your passcode.
- If your iOS device asks you to trust the computer, tap Trust to continue.
You can then use the Photos program to import the images. You then select Import > From device. Importing your photos from an iPhone to your PC is actually not more difficult.
Transfer photos from iPhone to MAC
To import your photos from your phone to your MAC, follow the steps below:
- Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Open the Photos app
- The Photos app will then automatically display the Import screen and display the photos and videos on your phone. If the Import screen doesn’t appear, click your phone under Devices in the sidebar.
- Then select the photos and videos you want to transfer and click Import selected or click Import all photos if you want to do that instead.
Use iCloud and make it easier to import your photos
It’s always easier to choose to import your photos if you use iCloud. The advantage is that you can then be sure that you also have a backup of your photos if something were to happen to your phone. So make sure you use iCloud.