See, step by step, how to receive Social Security benefits by bank transfer and find out about the advantages.
If every month you wait longer than you’d like to receive your pension or social security benefits, know that if you subscribe to payment by bank transfer, everything becomes faster and the money enters your account almost immediately.
If you don’t know how to receive Social Security benefits by bank transfer, we help. Just follow the step-by-step below.
Step by step to receive social benefits by transfer
If you are a pensioner or receive benefits for unemployment, illness, parenting, family allowance or Social Insertion Income, you can choose to pay these Social Security benefits by bank transfer.
Membership can be done online or in person.
See below how to proceed to join this payment method.
Through the Internet
To sign up online for the payment of social allowances by bank transfer, you must:
- Register with Social Security Direct (you will need your beneficiary number, which is on the back of your Citizen Card);
- Enter the Social Security Direct platform, authenticating with the credentials you chose during registration;
- In the top menu select the option “Checking Account”. Here, select the option “Social Security Receipts” and then “Bank Account”.
- Register the bank account to which the Social Security support must be transferred and indicate the IBAN of the account.
Once the form has been submitted with all the fields filled in, joining the bank transfer system takes effect immediately, which means that the support for the next month will already fall directly into your account.
If you prefer to deal with everything in person, you will have to:
- Look for the Social Security service desk in your area of residence;
- Request the form model MG 02-DGSS or download and take it with you in advance;
- Attach a document proving the IBAN of the account where you want to receive payments. Are accepted:
- Bank statements containing the IBAN;
- Photocopies of the first sheet of the bankbook;
- Photocopies of blank checks.
- Submit the completed form to the counter along with proof of IBAN.
In these cases, membership does not take effect immediately and you may have to wait several days for your application to be processed by Social Security. If, however, there is any payment of social support, it is most likely that you will still receive it in the old way.
The advantages of receiving social support directly into your account
It is no coincidence that more and more people choose to receive Social Security benefits by bank transfer. The process has many advantages, of which we highlight:
- Speed (almost immediate transfer);
- Security (no risk of transfer, theft or fraud);
- Easy control (it is easy to control, using the account statement, payment dates and amounts received);
- Stability (payments always arrive on the announced dates, never later);
- Independence (not subject to the quality and speed of the postal service).
In addition to all these advantages, there are other more specific ones:
- It’s better for people on sick leave, for example, because they don’t have to leave the house to collect sickness benefit money;
- It’s best for parenting allowances (which come along with all the other supports, no fuss);
- It’s better for the elderly, who don’t have to walk down the street with money or run the risk of being followed and/or watched by thieves.