Do you want to learn how to make homemade makeup remover, but don’t know which formula is best? We teach you 4 infallible recipes.
How to make homemade makeup remover? – this may well be a common question for many of the women who like to use natural ingredients on their skin.
However, because they think it’s too difficult, or because they think it’s going to be a lot of work, or even because they think they don’t have the necessary ingredients, they let themselves be convinced that it’s really best to buy a make-up remover in the supermarket.
So, get ready, because we are going to revolutionize your life when it comes to removing make-up with homemade products. Take a look at the 4 recipes we leave you so you can learn, once and for all, how to make a 100% effective homemade makeup remover.
How to make homemade makeup remover? We have 4 recipes
Oil make-up remover is the simplest recipe of all and this is the easiest homemade make-up remover ever. Strange as it may seem, oil cleansing can actually dissolve excess oil in your pores. So, if you use the right oils, you can balance out overly dry or overly oily skin, as oil cleansing can work for any skin type!
The most common oils to use as a make-up remover at home include castor oil and olive oil, but if you do some experimenting, you may find that other oils also work well on your skin.
Oils such as sunflower, safflower, avocado and coconut can work very well. So try one of the following recipes to decide which oils are best for your skin.
- oily: 1/3 castor oil or hazelnut oil to 2/3 olive oil, sunflower or other oil;
- Mixed: 1/4 castor or hazelnut oil and 3/4 olive oil, sunflower or other oil;
- Dry: All nourishing oils such as olive oil and a very small amount of castor or hazelnut oil added to the nourishing oils.
For these mixtures to work well as a homemade make-up remover, apply them as follows:
- With about 1/4 of the mixture of oils massage the face for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Dip a clean washcloth in very hot water, wring it out well, and place it over your face. Let it settle and steam your face for about 1 minute.
- Remove the cloth and wipe the skin with the clean side of the cloth. You must leave the thin layer of oil that is left on your skin for it to be absorbed by your skin.
Combine aloe vera gel with a couple of nourishing ingredients to make your own homemade makeup remover. This mixture not only helps to remove make-up but impurities from the skin. And how to make a homemade makeup remover with aloe vera? It’s simple.
- Place equal parts of aloe vera gel and honey in a small container.
- Add 2 tablespoons of your favorite oil.
- Use an immersion blender to combine the ingredients until a paste forms.
- Store in an airtight container and don’t forget to keep your homemade aloe vera makeup remover in the fridge, especially if it contains fresh aloe vera, without preservatives.
- When applying, just use a small spoonful of the product to remove make-up, spreading the mixture on your skin and massaging for 1 to 2 minutes. In the end, just rinse with cold water.
Honey is, of course, an antibacterial product that helps fight acne and contains enzymes that help slough off dead skin cells. And amazingly, you don’t need to mix it with anything else to make it your favorite homemade makeup remover.
To use honey to remove your makeup, just follow these instructions.
- Use about 1 teaspoon of honey and rub it in your hands.
- Then spread over the face and massage in circular motions.
- Let the honey rest for 5 to 10 minutes and remove with a warm cloth. In the end, your face will feel fresh.
Rose water is one of the products with the most delicate and feminine scent that we have at our disposal and can be used for countless purposes.
To make a homemade rose water makeup remover, combine the following ingredients in a dispenser bottle:
- 1 cup of rose water;
- 1/4 cup of aloe vera gel;
- 2 c. of glycerin tea;
- 1 c. castile soap tea (which you can also make at home);
- 8 drops of rose scent, suitable for skin care (optional and to add a rose scent).
To prepare the makeup remover:
- Mix everything very well in the dispenser bottle and, when removing make-up, just put a little of this homemade product on your hands, previously washed, or on a clean cloth, and massage over your face in circular motions, until it is clean. and without traces of make-up.
- Finally, rinse with warm water and pat dry.