Keep the car beautiful, clean and aesthetic is of great importance to many people, however, sometimes normal and periodic washing is not enough to remove all the dirt and stuck-on stains that over time can become a problem, that’s why today will teach you one Vinegar trick to clean your rims and tires and make them shiny .
Mud, moisture, non-slip materials or simply dust from brake pads, car rims are exposed to many contaminants that can affect them over time. Proper wheel maintenance ensures a long, trouble-free service life, but also a pleasant appearance for the car.
Alloy wheels look good on the car, but are more sensitive than alloy wheels. steel plate. Experts recommend cleaning aluminum rims at least every time you change wheels or tires – that would mean twice a year, in the fall and spring.
Shiny, clean wheels can completely change the look of a vehicle, but you don’t have to spend a lot of money on specialized products or go out of your way to get them, as with simple, inexpensive materials you have, you can get great results.
Vinegar is one of the best allies of cleaning, even in your car. it helps to remove grease, stubborn stains, yes, you should never use it in body paint , as being an acid can harm the clear, shiny coat of your car’s paint and will make it look dull little by little. But you can apply it to tires, rims, mirrors, windows and even headlights.
The dirt that accumulates on the rims is often very persistent and can only be removed with special cleaning products and rim brushes. Wheels need to be cool when you start cleaning them – heat can affect the effectiveness of the cleaners.
How to properly clean aluminum rims: step-by-step instructions
Before starting the rim cleaning operation, make sure you have everything you need at hand: the active cleaning agent (spray or spray), the rim brush, the cotton cloth, the bucket of warm water.
1. The first step is to remove coarse dirt. A high pressure washer is useful here. This step can also be resolved at a car wash.
2. Dry the rims, then apply a sufficient amount of active cleaning agent to the entire surface of the rim.
3. Wait for the cleaner to work on the dirt as instructed.
4. Scrub the rim well with the rim brush. For narrow and hard-to-reach places, you can use a toothbrush.
5. Remove dirt and active substance residues with a cotton cloth and warm water.
6. Seal the rims with a rim protector. In the case of tin hoops, you can skip this step.
Vinegar hack to clean rims and tires and make them shiny
- white vinegar
- Sodium bicarbonate
- soft cloths
- a sponge
Step by step:
- Make a mixture of soapy water, it can be for cars or a little detergent
- Dip your soft sponge into the soap mixture and clean the tires and rims.
- rinse well
- Mix white vinegar with baking soda
- Soak a cloth in this mixture
- Clean tough stains on rims, this mixture will help you remove even the most stubborn stains
- Mix water with vinegar in equal parts
- Dampen a soft cloth with vinegar and water or apply directly with a spray bottle.
- Clean with the dry part of the cloth
- If your wheels are chrome, you can apply a little wax to add even more shine, but only vinegar will make them shine.