Christmas dreams also have a captive place at the table in this special season. Discover three different ways to prepare.
They are not exactly healthy, but nobody denies their taste and beauty. These rusty little balls couldn’t really have another name: dreams in Christmas🇧🇷
Each bite is a delicate sensation of pleasure, in which all the senses are awakened and the soul even claps with joy.
Dreams are not difficult to make and the youngest ones can even help.
- 200gr flour
- 2dl water
- 75gr butter
- 2 lemon peel
- 1 coffee spoon of salt
- 5 eggs
- Cinnamon powder
- qb sugar syrup
- Bring the water to the boil with the butter cut into pieces, the lemon peels and the salt.
- Bring to a boil and melt the butter completely.
- Remove the pan from the heat, add the sifted flour all at once and stir vigorously.
- The dough should form a ball around the spoon, separating from the pan.
- If unabsorbed flour spots appear, mix until the dough is very homogeneous.
- Bring the dough back to low heat to dry a little more and then pour it into the mixer.
- Open the eggs into a container and beat very lightly.
- Add the eggs to the dough, in 5 portions, beating non-stop.
- The dough is ready when lifting the spoon or whisk makes a transparent tip that won’t fall out.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and, when it is very hot, dip two spoons in this oil, drain and with them take small pieces of dough, which are shaped, as much as possible, into a ball.
- Pour this dough into the frying pan and let it cook until golden brown.
- Place on absorbent paper.
- Sprinkle with sugar or with sugar and cinnamon or drizzled with syrup.
- 1 kg cooked and drained pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 300gr of flour
- 5 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon powdered yeast
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- Zest of an orange
- Once the pumpkin is cooked, drain it well and crush it slightly.
- Beat the whole eggs separately and add to the pumpkin.
- Then the sugar, and the flour with the yeast.
- Then add the zest of an orange and the brandy.
- Fry in very hot oil, placing the dough in the oil with a spoon.
- Finally, after being fried and still hot, they are coated with sugar and cinnamon.
- 500gr carrots
- 350gr sugar
- 400gr flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 eggs
- half orange
- sugar for sprinkling
- cinnamon to sprinkle
- Frying oil
- Peel the carrots, cut into pieces and cook for 30 minutes in boiling water, seasoned with salt.
- Then drain and let cool.
- Lead on.
- Place the flour, yeast and sugar in a bowl and mix.
- Add the eggs, the orange zest and juice and the carrot purée, stirring well.
- Heat a pan with oil, let it heat up and add spoonfuls of the mixture.
- Let it fry until the dreams are golden.
- Remove and let it drain well.
- Finally, sprinkle with a mixture of sugar and cinnamon and serve.