The mobile is an essential element for the baby’s room. It usually decorates the crib and stimulates the senses in the first few months of life. In the market, it is possible to find several mobile modelsbut there is also the possibility of making a piece at home.
Know more: Felt rabbit: step by step
What this article covers:
The mobile for the baby’s room
To choose or install a mobile it is important to take some precautions. The wires or strings cannot be left loose, as they easily wrap around the baby’s arms, feet or neck. To avoid accidents, it is also essential that the mobile is securely fastened.
A material widely used for make mobiles it’s felt. This type of fabric can be found in different colors and allows the creation of delicate pendants.
O mobile design it varies according to the mother’s taste, but handicrafts offer several possibilities. It is possible to create an ornament with animals, flowers, carts, trees, clouds, hearts, letters of the name, stars, among other delicate figures.
Felt mobile step by step
Check it out below how to make a felt mobile to baby room:
Necessary materials: pieces of felt, circle-shaped support, templates, ribbon, twine, scissors, stuffing, needle, sewing thread.
How to make a felt mobile?
1. Trace the template onto the felt pieces and make the cutouts accordingly. It’s important to keep in mind that each ornament needs two verses;
two. Sew the two parts of the ornament together, working with a buttonhole stitch. Leave a space to put the stuffing;
3. Finish sewing on the missing piece and take three stitches in the same place to fasten off;
4. Make other decorations for the mobile following the same process;
5. Wrap a satin ribbon around the holder, choosing a color that matches the pendants;
6. Tie three pieces of ribbon to the holder at three different points;
7. Tie the ends of the ribbons to form the place where you will hang the mobile;
8. Thread a string through each felt figure. Then hang the parts on the support;
9. Other materials can be used to enhance the mobile, such as patterned felt, buttons and bows.
• Who does not have the ability to make the mobile by hand you can buy ready-made parts at fairs and specialized stores. On the Elo 7 website there are a variety of pieces that use felt as the main raw material.
• In addition to decorating the baby’s room, the felt mobile it can also decorate other spaces in the house.
See too: Mobile from sachets: how to make