One of the main decoration trends of the moment is exposed cement. This aesthetic leaves the environment with a more rustic, modern and sophisticated air. In addition to being charming, the concrete finish it is also able to make the work more economical.
What this article covers:
The cement wall is up
Concrete, made from sand, stone and cement, is normally used in the building systems of houses. However, the decoration has valued the gray aesthetic in different projects.
Exposed cement can replace traditional paint, wallpaper or tiles, as long as it is properly finished. If there are difficulties in carrying out the project, it is essential to have specialized labor, as the Concrete does not tolerate many touches🇧🇷
THE exposed cement wall usually requires a formwork to cast the concrete. This finishing aid can be made of wood or metal. In order for the surface to acquire a personalized aesthetic, the forms are in direct contact until the cement hardens.
THE metal mold it is ideal for those who want to leave the wall with a smoother and more uniform aesthetic. already the wooden mold it is suitable for textured work or large finishes. Vertical space can gain different effects, it all depends on the taste of the resident. Small, medium and large friezes are some interesting options.
If the wall is exposed concrete, then the decision must be made at the beginning of the work. The structural calculus and the concrete quality influence the result of the finish, so it is recommended to have the advice of an engineer.
THE exposed concrete wall requires special care to avoid damage. Check out:
• It is necessary to apply a release agent to the formwork before using it to finish exposed concrete.
• The concrete applied to the wall must be well vibrated, that is, without air gaps that leave holes in the surface.
• The average time of concrete drying is 21 days. After this period, just remove the molds and the finish will be ready.
• Concrete is a porous material, so its treatment requires the application of varnishes or resins. These products are essential for waterproofing, preventing infiltration, stains or scratches.
• If a matte finish is intended, then liquid resin is more appropriate.
• Residents looking for a bright exposed concrete wall must use varnish in the finish.
• Before applying varnish or resin, it is important to remove dust from the cement wall.
• Wax is also used to treat the concretebut its application is a little more complicated.