If you have ever wondered if green tea is slimming, we will explain in this article how much truth there is behind this statement.
Green tea properties
We will start by telling you that indeed green tea helps lose weight.
Why? Well, because green tea helps speed up our metabolism and increases the burning of calories and fat needed to lose weight. At least, these are the conclusions of a study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. Increases thermogenesis, which is the generation of body heat that occurs as a result of normal digestion, absorption, and metabolism of food.
How to drink green tea to lose weight
These infusions can help lose fat and become allies in a weight loss plan. Therefore, it is important to know how to take it to lose weight and make the most of its benefits:
- fresh leaves: The ideal is to prepare the infusion with fresh leaves. This is so because pouring hot water directly on the leaves extracts their essence. Using a tea bag reduces the potency of the chemical reaction.
- If bagged tea is your only option, better cut the bag and pour the water over the contents directly. As for the prep part, don’t let the water come to a full boil. Instead, pour the water over the tea just before it boils, then let it steep for 3-4 minutes.
How much green tea should I consume to help me lose weight?
According to scientists, the optimal “dose” is 3 to 5 cups a day.
What if I don’t like tea? will a green tea extract work?
Yes. In fact, depending on the strength of the formula, 1 mL of tea extract can equal the benefits of drinking 8 to 10 antioxidant-rich cups.
Does the brand or variety of green tea matter?
Absolutely! There may be a difference in the quality of the tea leaves and the amount of additional unnecessary ingredients that can alter the powers” of your green tea. To reap the maximum benefits, it’s important to look for brands that use all-natural ingredients and have no artificial preservatives. Also, try to opt for these 2 varieties of green tea whenever possible:
- Matcha: The leaves are ground to a fine powder, which can be churned in water to make tea. Since the actual leaves are consumed, you get more antioxidants than from other green teas.
- Hojicha: The leaves are roasted until they turn a dark brown color. Because it is picked late in the season and roasted at a higher fire than other teas, hojicha contains lower levels of caffeine.
Can green tea go bad?
- the tea is rich in polyphenols, which are natural compounds that have health benefits. For example, it reduces inflammation and helps fight cancer.
- Can improve brain function. Tea does more than just keep you alert, it can also help boost brain function. The key active ingredient is caffeine, which is a recognized stimulant.
- It is an excellent source of powerful antioxidants They also help in the prevention of some types of cancer.
- Can protect the brain from aging. Nope sNot only can it improve brain function in the short term, it can also protect your brain as it ages.
- Help to reduce bad breath.
- can help in the prevention of type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular diseases.
- It is especially effective in helping lose belly fat.
Can green tea be the solution to lose extra kilos?
It seems clear that green tea is a medicinal plant that can be of great help to lose weight. But, obviously, no matter how many infusions we drink, if we do not have a healthy lifestyle, this tea alone will not be able to end an overweight problem.
For this reason, it is important that, beyond considering green tea as an aid to lose weight, you consult with our medical professionals what other guidelines or options you should take into account to lose weight. Remember that at Obymed, from our office in Seville, we offer everything you need to help you lose weight. Request free information with our specialists so that we can assess your case.