You may think you already know all the secrets, but we believe that sharing kitchen tricks is the first step for us all to shine, among pots and pans. For this reason, today we are going to explain, step by step, how to make mashed potatoes absolutely perfect.
We can consider that the mashed potatoes they are somewhere between boiled and roasted potatoes. Soft yet crunchy at the same time…
This is a delicacy that is worth it in itself and almost makes you want to eat them anyway: simple, with a drizzle of olive oil, finely chopped garlic and, of course, the aroma of rosemary. If you are also passionate about this delicacy, learn all about it, including a wonderful potato recipe I punch it with rosemary.
HOW TO MAKE POTATOES WITH A PUNCH: 5 TIPS
1. Always use potato chips for frying. As they have a softer pulp, they are ideal for cooking this way.
2. Choose smaller potatoesso your cooking will be faster and the end result better.
3. Pre-cook the potatoespeeled in salted water or, if you prefer, steamed.
4. Put the potatoes in the oven just for a few minutes to get that crunchy effect.
5. Drizzle the potatoes with olive oil and sliced garlicwhen they are ready.
Mashed Potatoes with Rosemary
- 4 large potatoes
- 4 c. coarse salt soup
- 4 c. olive oil soup
- 2l of water
- Rosemary, to taste
- Wash the unpeeled potatoes well under running water.
- In a pot, place the potatoes together with 2 liters of water.
- Place over medium heat and cook for 45 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and, after cooling, punch each one so that they are slightly flattened and open.
- In a pyrex, spread a portion of coarse salt and arrange the potatoes.
- Sprinkle with the remaining salt and rosemary and drizzle with olive oil.
- Cover with aluminum foil and place in the oven, previously heated to 180º, for about 10-15 minutes.
- Serve as an accompaniment to a roast, especially fish.