Unwanted calls can come from anywhere: jail scams, telemarketers, late billing, and even relatives.
Therefore, in order to maintain your sanity, nothing fairer than showing you an incredible option to restore your peace of mind on a daily basis.
Since last year, in 2019, a new website has been live: Do Not Disturb Me!
As its name already suggests, it is for you who are tired of receiving calls all the time that, many times, are not even under your name.
How was this victory achieved? Read a little more about the subject and get rid of telemarketing charges and tactics for good.
What this article covers:
What is “Do Not Disturb Me”?
“Do Not Disturb Me” is a call blocking website that emerged towards the end of 2019, after a conference between mobile and landline operators.
The idea arose after PROCON reported that a good part of its complaints were due to unwanted calls that violate the Consumer Code.
To alleviate the situation, the proposal was for people affected by the situation to create a register so that the numbers could be avoided.
With the innovation, standardization policies and good service practices in fixed and mobile networks are now considered.
In this way, since January 2, 2020, the most daring proposal of recent times has been in force.
But, it is necessary to pay attention to the following: “Do not disturb me” is linked to marketing moves, so if your problem is with bank charges and the like, you will need to trigger PROCON.
However, in the case of elderly people wanting to avoid bank charges, in addition to the “Do Not Disturb Me” form, it is also necessary to fill out a “Do Not Disturb Me PROCON” form on the official website.
Is there a service at PROCON?!
For those who don’t know, since 2009 the Consumer Defense Foundation and Protection (PROCON) has provided an online service that allows consumers to register to not receive unwanted calls.
The initiative has practically the same name (aka “Do Not Disturb PROCON”) and it is possible to block calls from:
- Charges from financial institutions, credit cards or banks; and
- Too many telecommunications companies.
However, although it was an initial joke, it is not possible to block calls from friends and relatives.
For this, there are specific applications with the same function. The same goes for recognizing unknown numbers that call collection or telemarketing, for example.
Signing up for “Do Not Disturb Me”!
If you only have problems with telemarketing, this seems to be the best and fastest option to solve your problems.
To register, you need to enter the homepage and follow the following steps:
- Enter the website and go to the top of the page, on the right side, in the “Registration” option;
- Among the options, choose “Request Blocking”;
- You will be redirected to a Login page. Go near the end and click on the blue button that says “I want to register”;
- Enter your full name, CPF number without periods or hyphens, best email and create a password. At the end, agree with the Terms by selecting the box and confirming that you are not a robot in the same way. Once done, click on “Create Login”.
- Go to the e-mail you registered and open what was sent to you: confirm by clicking on “Validate e-mail”.
- Next, login to the site.
- Once this is done, a page will open and ask for your phone number. Enter the area code, your number and, below, select the option “All Below” for Telecommunication Services and Financial Institutions.
- At the end, validate the Captcha by clicking on the block and then click on “Register Phone”. The block will be effective within 30 days.
- But watch out, a code will be sent to the number you registered. Have your cell phone or phone handy! Enter the code and finish by clicking “Send”.
“Do Not Disturb” PROCON, how to do it?
Now, if your problem is with abusive charges because you delayed a bill or couldn’t save enough money to pay the second installment of your car, the best thing you can do is go after Procon.
As you can already see, even with different applications to block calls from financial institutions, they always appear with a new one that is much weirder than the previous one.
So it’s not worth blocking one by one when you can block them all, right?
Procon’s “Do Not Disturb” has a new look and is now called “Don’t Call Me”, so as not to confuse the services.
Registration is much simpler and takes less than two minutes. Just do the following:
- enter the service home page and click on the blue button that says “Register Your Phone Here”;
- Then, fill in the blank fields with Name, RG, CPF, e-mail, CEP, address and password;
- At the bottom of the page, enter your phone number and agree to the terms;
- Then click on the green button that says “Register”.
But, pay attention: the service is only valid for the PROCON of your State. The example given was that of São Paulo!
How to Block Telemarketing Calls on Android
The Google Phone app (android) provides a native feature to identify and filter spam calls. In this way, you can access the call history and block these contacts. Know how:
- Open the phone app, tap the three dots icon and select “Settings”;
- Then tap on “Caller ID & Spam”;
- On the next screen, tap on the “Filter spam calls” box. You can also activate the function “View caller code and spam” to make it easier to identify unwanted calls;
- In your most recent calls list in the app, you can see some contacts marked as spam. Tap each one to open more options and select “Block” to stop receiving calls from that number.
How to block unwanted calls on iPhone
iOS has a native feature to silence calls from unknown numbers, that is, those that have not been added to your phonebook or have no way of contacting you. With this function active, calls are sent to voicemail and recorded in the most recent calls list. See the step by step to activate it:
- On your iPhone, go to the “Settings” screen and select “Phone”;
- Scroll down and tap on the “Silence Unknown” option;
- Then activate the function on your iPhone.
To block a specific number, go to your contact list and tap on the option you want to block. On the next screen, select “Block This Caller”.
Did you like the tips? Leave your comment.