2023 is not the year for half measures, especially when it comes to how we style our hair. Disco curls are a prime example of this – here’s everything you need to know about the hot trend!
Emily Ratajkowski, Cardi B and Khloé Kardashian are just some of the celebrities who have recently been seen in one of spring’s big hair trends: Disco curls.
This glamorous trend with distinct 70s vibes stands in stark contrast to some of last year’s more relaxed hair trends (for example half wave-trend). This year it’s rather “More is more” that applies – something that in this case applies to both volume and texture!
So you do
Ready to try Discolockar? Then you do the following:
- Wash your hair with shampoo and conditioner that maximizes hair volume.
- Apply heat protection.
- If you have naturally curly hair, a diffuser is recommended to emphasize the hair’s volume and texture.
- If you however not have naturally curly hair, turn your head upside down and blow dry while continuously brushing from the roots.
- Then curl the hair with a curling iron by wrapping the hair tightly around the base of the curling iron. Pull some strands of hair towards the face and some away from the face – this gives the hair more texture. If your hair has difficulty holding its shape, try a thinner curling iron.
- Let the curls cool completely before brushing them out, then they will last longer.
- Brush out the curls with a wide-toothed comb or styling brush. Finish with hairspray.
Below you will find everything you need to create stylish Disco locks!