Taxpayers have 11 more days to report to the Lion. As the deadline for submitting the 2022 Income Tax Declaration ends on May 31, it’s time to take advantage of the next few days to organize the data and avoid the famous last minute rush. So far, more than 12 million declarations have already been delivered, which represents a little more than 65% of the 34.1 million expected by the Internal Revenue Service.
What happens if the taxpayer misses the deadline?
If you miss the deadline, you will have to pay a fine of 1% per month on the tax due, with a minimum amount of R$ 165.74 and a maximum of 20% of the tax due.
Who should file income tax?
Anyone who earned more than R$28,559.70 of taxable income in the year (salary, retirement or rent) must declare the Income Tax;
- Who earned more than R$ 40 thousand exempt, non-taxable or taxed at source in the year (such as labor compensation or savings income); gains from sales of goods or shares on the Stock Exchange;
- People who received more than BRL 142,798.50 in rural activities (agriculture, for example) or have rural losses to be compensated in calendar year 2021 or in the coming years;
- Who owned assets worth more than BRL 300,000 or moved to Brazil in any month of 2021 and stayed here until December 31;
- Who sold a property and bought another within a period of 180 days, using the IR exemption at the time of sale.
When will the refund be paid?
The Income Tax refund will start to be paid at the end of May, with the first batch on May 31st.
- 2nd batch: June 30th;
- 3rd batch: July 29;
- 4th batch: August 31;
- 5th batch: September 30th.
It is important to inform that the refund follows the order of delivery of the declaration, that is, whoever anticipated receives it first.
Elderly people, people with disabilities and teachers have preference in payment and receive earlier than other taxpayers. This year, there is the option to receive the money via PIX, with the key being the taxpayer’s CPF.
Have you watched the new videos on YouTube from Olhar Digital? Subscribe to the channel!