Photo: Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images
After being one of the figures in achieving the Los Angeles Football Club’s first Major League Soccer championship, Cristian ‘Chicho’ Arango was chosen Sportsman of the Year by the LA Sports Council.
The event was reported by the LA Times and was also revealed on the social networks of the sports association when the winners and the best sports moments of 2022 of the 18th edition of the LA Sports Awards were announced.
‘Chicho’ Arango was key with LAFC in the last MLS season in which they defeated the Philadelphia Union. The Colombian played 37 games during 2022, in which he scored 18 goals and served four assists.
On March 15, he will be honored with this decision despite no longer belonging to the Los Angeles franchise after signing for Liga MX Pachuca. The figures will receive their awards during the LA Sports Awards telecast on Spectrum SportsNet on Wednesday, March 15 at 8:30 pm local time.
LA Sports Council Award Winners
- Sportswoman of the Year: Chloe Kim, USA Snowboarding.
- Sportsman of the Year: Cristian “Chicho” Arango, LAFC.
- Coach of the Year: Lincoln Riley, USC Football Coach.
- Executive of the Year: Kevin Demoff, Los Angeles Chargers.
- Community Athlete of the Year: Justin Turner, Los Angeles Dodgers.
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Lisa Leslie, Los Angeles Sparks.
- Ready, set, gold! Athlete of the Year: Natália Mayara, Wheelchair Tennis from Brazil.
Another of the awards that will be given will be for the best sports moments of 2022, among which the LAFC championship, the Dodgers franchise record or LeBron entering the list of top scorers stand out. For this distinction, fans can vote online through lasports.org/vote.