The chickpea stew is a typical dish of Portuguese cuisine, which satisfies the most voracious appetites. Learn to cook.
Share the post “Grain stew: comfort and flavor at the table”
We share with you two tasty recipes of grain stewa well-known and famous dish in the Alentejo and Algarve regions – that alone makes you think about the richness of the ingredients, the strength of the flavors and the hunger that the idea awakens in us…
It is prepared with chickpeas, various vegetables and various types of meat, which vary from region to region.
Chickpea stew can be prepared with lamb meat or pork and sausages, as well as potatoes, carrots, green beans, pumpkin, turnips and onions, in addition to the grain itself, of course. And you can also include bread – an ingredient so often present in traditional dishes from the Alentejo region of the country. But it is also possible to prepare this recipe with beef and pork bacon, for example.
Take note, so that nothing fails and then… Get to work!
Alentejo chickpea stew
Type:lunch or dinner
Setup time:01:30 am
- 400gr of chispe
- 1 flour
- 1 black pudding
- 1 chorizo
- 200g elbow pasta
- 1 large can of chickpeas
- 400gr of pumpkin
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 c. olive oil soup
- mint qb
- salt and pepper qb
- Cook the sausages and the chispe in water seasoned with salt. Drain and reserve.
- Peel the onion and garlic.
- Chop and brown in a pan with olive oil.
- Add the carrots and pumpkin, previously cut into pieces, sprinkle with the meat water and cook for 15 minutes.
- Cut the sausages and the chispe into regular pieces and add to the pan, as well as the pasta and the drained grain.
- When well prepared, add the mint, rectify the seasoning and serve.
Chickpea stew with lamb
Type:lunch or dinner
- 200gr soaked and cooked dried chickpeas
- 400g of lamb meat
- 100g of bacon
- 1 beef chorizo
- 3 potatoes
- 500g of green beans
- 200gr of pumpkin
- 200g of homemade bread
- salt and mint qb
- Cut the lamb and the bacon into pieces and place in a pan, together with the chorizo.
- Cover with water, season with a pinch of salt and cook over moderate heat until the lamb is tender.
- Drain the meats and sausages and reserve.
- Meanwhile, peel and cut the potatoes into pieces.
- Wash the green beans and remove the string from the side.
- Peel the pumpkin and cut it into pieces.
- Introduce the vegetables and the drained grain in the broth in which the meat was cooked and bring to the boil again until they are cooked.
- If necessary, add a little of the chickpea cooking water.
- Cut the bread into pieces and place in a deep container.
- Place a few mint leaves on top of the bread.
- Place the cooked and drained vegetables in the middle of the serving platter and arrange the sliced meat and sausages around it.
- Pour the broth over the bread and serve hot.