The cold quinoa salad with vegetables is an original alternative to the classic pasta or rice salad. When summer comes, the salad is one of the most popular dishes for its fresh flavor. However, it is important not to overload it with caloric or fatty ingredients. This is especially important when following a hypocaloric diet.
Our Cold Vegetable Quinoa Salad is prepared without oil and packed with light, nutrient-dense seasonal ingredients such as tomato, pepper, onion or turmeric. It provides a good load of benefits for the body, with a lot of flavor and without too many calories.
very easy to preparethe quinoa salad with vegetables is an idea for a quick but healthy lunch. It is also suitable for a light lunch, or for an aperitif or buffet.
It is a completely gluten-free dish, so it is also suitable for celiacs or people who suffer from hypersensitivity to gluten. In addition, thanks to its ingredients, It is also suitable for those who follow a vegetarian diet. It is a kind of snack recipe, ideal for any occasion and for any guest.
Nutritional properties of cold quinoa salad with vegetables
- the quinoaa food recently incorporated into our eating habits, It is an ingredient rich in numerous nutritional properties. Suffice it to say that the quinoa plant, native to South America, has been described by the United States National Academy of Sciences as a “nearly perfect source of vegetable protein”. In addition to its valuable protein content, It is a source of minerals, omega 3 and vitamin E.
- The secret that makes this cold quinoa salad light is the presence of vegetables rich in benefits but low in calories. Capsicum is an exceptional source of vitamins. Yellow bell pepper is used in this salad, which contains a whopping 139 retinol equivalents of vitamin A and 151 mg of vitamin C. Its color comes from a large amount of beta-carotene, an antioxidant that It facilitates iron metabolism and helps the proper functioning of eyesight and the immune system. In addition, the pepper is very low in calories: only 22 kcal per 100 g!
- Tomato is also a food very rich in vitamins and antioxidants. In particular, it contains lycopene, a nutrient that fights free radicals and counteracts premature aging. It is a vegetable very rich in water, fiber and important minerals, including potassium.
- Another panacea for our body is onion, which acts as a powerful natural antibacterial agent. Contains sulfur and quercetin, which counteract the growth of bacteria and yeast. Therefore, it is Very useful in the treatment of inflammation of the respiratory tract and flu states.
- Turmeric also exerts an antioxidant action. Natural anti-inflammatory, it exerts a detoxifying action on the liver and is, like pepper and tomato, a powerful antioxidant.
How to prepare the cold quinoa salad with vegetables for 4 people
Calories per person: 176
Total calories: 704
- 160 g of white quinoa
- 90 ml of water
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons salted capers, very small
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons of wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- A few fresh mint leaves
- Put the quinoa in a colander and wash it very well. under running cold water until the slight foam, caused by the saponin, which makes it bitter, disappears.
- Cut the onion into cubes and put it to soak in a solution of water, salt and white wine vinegar so that it loses part of its strong flavor. Wash the capers well and soak them in cold water.
- Pour the water into a saucepan, add the quinoa and turmeric and stir well so that the turmeric dissolves. Cook the quinoa over medium heat for 5 minutes. When the water reaches the level of the seeds, lower the heat and cover. Lower the heat again and cook for another 10 minutes. Turn off and let rest.
- Meanwhile, peel the pepperremoving the inner white parts and the seeds, and cutting it first into 1.5 cm wide slices and then into cubes. Brown the pepper in a hot nonstick skillet. When it has browned a little, season with salt and turn off the heat.
- Dice the tomatoes and drain the onion and capers. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, dress with apple cider vinegar and decorate with mint (or, if preferred, basil). Serve the salad cold.