Brownies are one of the best-known desserts in the world, but due to their high sugar and fat content, they may not be the most suitable dish for those who are looking to lead a healthier life. Fortunately, it is possible to make healthy brownies without sacrificing flavor by including chickpeas in the recipe. Next we will show you the benefits of chocolate and chickpea brownies.
Chocolate brownies: why include chickpeas?
Chickpeas are a great addition to brownies, as they They are high in protein, fiber and other minerals. Chickpeas will give brownies a softer and juicier touchhelping reduce the amount of oil and sugar necessary to make them.
Also, chickpeas are an excellent source of complex carbohydrates, which provide energy for an extended period of time. This means that people who need a boost of energy during the day can find in chocolate chickpea brownies a satisfying alternative for dessert.
Chocolate Chickpea Brownies: a simple recipe
Preparation time: 14 minutes
Total: 8-12 brownies
- 240 g of chickpeas or white beans
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons dutch cocoa
- 113 g of white flour (other types of flour can also be used if necessary)
- 3 tablespoons milk or applesauce
- 3 tablespoons oil or nut butter
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 80g of sugar
- 80 g of chocolate cereals
- Chickpeas should be drained and rinsed well before baking. Set the oven to 200ºC. The 20 cm mold must be previously greased or lined.
- In a blender combine all the ingredients and mix until smooth. Pour into the mold. If desired, add more chocolate cereal on top. Bake the brownies for 14 minutes on the center rack, then cool until just set.
- It is advisable to wait until the next day to eat them, since they taste much better. If preferred, top with healthy chocolate frosting or melted chocolate chips.
Now… Delight yourself with some tasty and nutritious chocolate and chickpea brownies! Thanks to this recipe, you will no longer have to worry about the amount of sugar and fat you are ingesting while still enjoying a great dessert. Try this dish right now for a healthy, nutritionally-dense dessert that will leave you feeling great.