Chicken soup recipes are traditional and associated with days when we need some comfort and affection. Enjoy yourself.
Both chicken soup recipes that we present to you below are very easy to prepare and the result is a comforting soup that will bring – or create – memories of good times at the table.
For various reasons, chicken soup is in fact associated with positive childhood memories and therefore, if you have children, take the opportunity to start creating these affective and culinary memories in them too.
Chicken soup: two delicious options
Although chicken soup is a recipe that originated in China, the truth is that it gained a strong tradition in Portugal, where – for generations and generations – it is often made for its medicinal properties.
Chicken soup is said to help cure colds or boost the immune system when we are at our weakest. Thus, this recipe is often associated with moments of family comfort.
Chicken soup with mint
1/2 chicken or chicken with giblets
150g of star pasta (or egg)
- Clean and wash the chicken, breaking it into pieces.
- Place it, with the giblets, in a pan, cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Add the peeled and halved onion.
- Let it cook until the chicken is tender. Turn off the heat and let it cool without removing the chicken.
- When it is cold, drain the broth from cooking the chicken, passing it through a fine mesh strainer.
- When you have 1.5l of broth, put it in a pan and bring it to a boil, seasoning it with salt. Let it boil.
- Clean the chicken of skins and bones, shred it and cut the giblets into small pieces.
- Peel the carrot and grate it.
- Add the star pasta and the grated carrot to the broth and bring to a boil.
- Finally, add the shredded chicken, stir well and cook for another 10 minutes.
Serve hot with mint leaves on top.
traditional chicken soup
1 whole chicken, with giblets and eggs
200g of puff pastry
1 big onion
olive oil qb
- Cut the chicken into pieces.
- Cook the chicken and giblets in water seasoned with salt, a drizzle of olive oil and the peeled onion.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken and remove the skin and bones.
- Defund it and book.
- Add the pevide pasta to the broth and let it cook until it’s very soft.
- Add the shredded chicken to the broth and let it cook for a few minutes.
- If the hen does not have eggs, you can boil 2 eggs, break them into pieces and add them to the soup at the end.
- Serve the chicken soup, which should have pieces of chicken, giblets, eggs and seed, very hot.
These two chicken soup recipes are delicious and can be prepared very quickly. Usually prepared within the family when someone is sick, chicken soup offers comfort, but it also nourishes and hydrates, which is why it is so associated with healing properties. However, these recipes can be used in any situation and the truth is that many restaurants feature chicken soup in their daily menus.
In some regions, chicken soup is also prepared with rice, instead of pasta, or even with couscous for soup. There are even variations in which turnips are added – these differences can be adapted according to each person’s taste.
Try these two chicken soup recipes and you will see how all the childhood memories associated with these flavors and family moments are activated.