If you always like to include Christmas recipes with bread in your festive menu, this article is especially for you! Check out the suggestions.
Did you know that the christmas recipes with bread not limited to french toast? The truth is that this ingredient is an essential part of the delicacies of this very special season and that is why we have compiled some alternatives that you can (and should) try at home.
Try these Christmas bread recipes now!
Father Christmas milk bread
- 250ml of milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 c. of salt soup
- 2 c. of sugar soup
- 1 packet of dry yeast
- 40ml soybean oil
- 1 c. margarine soup
- 700g wheat flour
- Put the warm milk in the blender, as well as all the other ingredients, with the exception of the flour.
- Beat just to mix and pour the mixture into a large bowl.
- Add the flour and mix with your hands until the dough comes off easily.
- After kneading it well, let it rest for about 1 hour.
- Make buns in the shape you want, place them on a baking sheet and leave them in a warm place until doubled in volume.
- Turn on the oven only when you are going to bake the breads (200º C), and let it cook until the surface is golden.
- Once the dough has been prepared, just use your imagination to draw your Pão de Leite Santa Claus.
Setup time:02:30 am
- 1 kg of wheat flour
- 2 packets of bread yeast
- 3 glasses of water
- 6 c. powdered milk soup
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of oil
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 c. of salt dessert
- 3 cups candied fruit
- 2 cups seedless raisins
- 1 yolk
- Start by boiling the candied fruits with the raisins in water (3 cups) and let it cool).
- After cold, pass the fruits through a sieve and reserve – both the fruits and the water.
- Place the cooking water in the blender and add the powdered milk, yeast, eggs, oil, sugar and salt. Beat just the time to mix.
- Pour the preparation into a container and add the flour little by little.
- Place the dough on a table sprinkled with wheat flour and knead it very well.
- Sprinkle the fruits with a little wheat flour and add them to the dough.
- Knead a little more and divide the dough into two parts (to make two loaves).
- Place the dough in a mold and let it ferment a little until it practically doubles in size (1 hour).
- Brush the beaten yolk on top of the buns and bake in a medium oven (200ºC) until golden brown.
Christmas festive bread
- 300g of type 65 flour
- 20g baker’s yeast
- 50g candied pumpkin
- 8 walnuts
- 8 candied cherries
- 2 c. of sultana soup
- 2 c. margarine soup
- 2dl of warm water
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 c. of salt soup
- spray to grease
- Turn on the oven at 200°C and let it warm up.
- Meanwhile, grease a loaf pan with spray to grease and dust it with flour.
- Sift the flour with the salt into a bowl and make a hole in the middle.
- In this hole, pour the yeast dissolved in warm water. Stir a little and add the margarine.
- Mix with your fingertips and then knead very well.
- Cover the bowl and let it rise until the dough doubles in volume.
- Add the dried and crystallized fruits and the orange zest and knead.
- Pour the mixture into the mold until it is only half full.
- Let rise again until doubled in volume.
- Bake the dough for about 20 minutes. Unmold and let cool over a net.
- One of the most typical Christmas bread recipes is ready.
Shrimp cream on bread
Type:lunch or dinner
- 1 bran bread
- 600g of shrimp crumbs
- 1dl of olive oil
- 2 onions
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 carrot
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 c. of tomato pulp soup
- 1 glass of brandy
- 2 c. flour soup
- 1.2L of water
- 1 chilli
- 50g vermicelli
- 4 quail eggs
- Salt, Pepper and Coriander qb
- Start by removing the ‘lid’ from the bread. Remove the core and place the carcass in the oven at 190º C for 15 minutes.
- In a casserole with a drizzle of olive oil, saute the onions, garlic cloves, carrots and tomatoes, all finely chopped.
- Add the tomato pulp and, as soon as the preparation takes on color, add the glass of brandy and boil for about a minute.
- Add the flour, mix well and pour in the water.
- Season with salt, pepper and chilli and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Grind everything and pass the mixture through a fine mesh sieve and set aside.
- Cook the vermicelli in water and salt. Separately, cook the eggs. Remove, let cool and cut into halves.
- Sauté the shrimp in the remaining olive oil, along with the other chopped garlic clove for about two minutes.
- Remove and add to the mixture, as well as to the vermicelli.
- Put everything inside the bread with the boiled eggs and decorate with coriander.
- Serve immediately one of the excellent options for Christmas recipes with bread.
- 800ml semi-skimmed milk
- 100g of sugar
- 1 lemon peel
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 8 thick slices of baguette bread
- 3 eggs
- 500ml of oil
- 2 c. of sugar soup
- 2 c. of cinnamon soup
- Start by heating the milk mixed with 100 g of sugar, the lemon peel and the cinnamon stick, without letting it boil.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Soak the slices of bread in warm milk and set aside.
- Dip each slice of bread in previously beaten egg, just before frying.
- Fry the slices in very hot and abundant oil, turning both sides, until golden.
- Drain on absorbent paper and set aside.
- Mix the sugar with the cinnamon and pass the slices one by one in the mixture.
- Serve one of the most traditional and obligatory Christmas recipes with warm bread.