The Beetroot hummus It is a thick cream with an intense and slightly sweet flavor, which is obtained from the combination of chickpeas and red beets.
You can prepare it in the fall, when beets are in season and offer their best flavor. But you can also use the vacuum-packed precooked beetroot that you can find in the supermarket throughout the year, to enjoy it whenever you want.
How to prepare (and serve) beetroot hummus
you can serve the beetroot hummus as a starter or for a snack: it’s great spread on toast or crackers either accompanied by breadsticks.
You can also eat hummus by combining it with rice, legumes, grilled vegetables or salad: you will get a vegetarian bowl perfect as a savory single dish and ideal to take away to the office for lunch.
Try this sauce as well filling of bocadillos, sandwiches and piadinas: it will add a particular flavor to your dish. You can combine the hummus with a creamy cheese like robiola or with a fish with a strong flavor like mackerel.
If you’re short on time, use pre-cooked beets and chickpeas, ready-made ingredients that you just have to mix in a blender or food processor with the other ingredients. Your beetroot and chickpea hummus will be ready in a matter of minutes. So you will have a quick dish and full of beneficial nutrients.
Beet hummus will keep in the refrigerator for 2-3 days, sealed in an airtight container.
Beetroot hummus recipe
Dish sauces and seasonings
preparation 5 minutes
total time 5 minutes
8 servings people
Calories per person: 77
Total calories: 615
- 430 g of pre-cooked beetroot
- 230 g of cooked chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons of Arame tahini sauce
- 1 lemon
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin
In your food processor, pour the chickpeas, beetroot, tahini, lemon juice, cumin and a pinch of salt.
Blend until you obtain a homogeneous cream and, if necessary, add a little oil (evoo) or a drop of water to soften the mixture.
Hummus is an ideal cream to spread on croutons; In particular, this variant of the traditional cream has a more intense flavor, given by the tahini, a paste of toasted sesame seeds, combined with Arame algae.
- The beetroot is a vegetable with a high water content (91.3 g per 100 g), which, together with its low caloric content (only 19 kcal per 100 g) makes it a useful food during a weight loss diet. It also contains a lot fiber, so it is an excellent ally to purify and regularize intestinal transit. Including beets in your diet means ensuring a satiating and effective ingredient to eliminate toxins.
- The garbanzo beans are the other key ingredient in this recipe. Allies of the line and health, They are rich in vegetable proteins, minerals (phosphorus, calcium and iron) and B vitamins, but low in fat. In addition, they are an ideal source of energy because they contain carbohydrates (carbohydrates)in the form of starch.
Also try this chickpea omelette recipe without eggs. And on this page you can also discover the traditional chickpea hummus.
The beetroot hummus recipe is from the website Vegolosi.