Check out tips from Bathroom decor with recycled materials🇧🇷 The bathroom is a place that deserves a neat decoration, as it is a place that has to provide comfort and well-being to the residents of the house. Decoration made with recycled materials is a trend that never goes out of style. Be it for its responsibility in relation to nature, pollution and reuse of objects, as for its beauty and rustic differential that recyclable material provides.
Check out: How to make Christmas ornaments
What this article covers:
THE bathroom decor with recycled materials It can be made in different ways, following different ideas and styles of decoration. In addition to being very responsible, recyclable decoration is also cheaper and a great alternative for those who are unable to invest a lot of money in changing their bathroom.
The great joker of recyclable decoration are the pallets. That wooden crate found at fairs. With this material you can make different items for your home and of course, the bathroom. For this piece, you can make a trash can, basket for toilet paper or magazines, and even the bathroom cabinet can be made from this material.
To hold toothbrushes you can use cans of tomato sauce, vegetables, condensed milk, in short, any can with a nice shape. After that, paint them with colors of your choice (look for metal paint).
Make your home sustainable with small adaptations
Scent sticks are also a great decorating idea and are easy to make. You will need:
– 1 liter of grain alcohol
– 20 ml of the following essential oils: for bathrooms: 10 ml of tangerine and 10 ml of rosemary
– Store the mixture in a tightly closed amber glass, away from light. To use, dilute 2 to 4 tablespoons in 1 liter of water and wipe the room with a cloth.
The bathroom rug you can make with wine corks, have you thought about that? The result is super different and rustic. To do so, follow the steps below:
1. Cut the corks lengthwise with a very sharp knife.
2. Lay the corks flat with the cut base facing down. Check the size and shape you want with the ruler. It facilitates both the fitting and the aesthetics of the rug if the corks fit exactly in the chosen size, forming uniform rows on all sides, as shown in the figure.
3. Cut the shelf liner to the size you want to form the base of the rug. Then see the amount of corks needed.
Read more: Decorating with mirrors, photos and tips
4. Start to glue the corks side by side from the outside to the inside, forming a frame with the outer rows and columns.
5. After making the “frame”, just fit the missing ones. After fitting them all, go gluing one by one. That’s because you must first assemble the mat to make sure everything is right, and only then can you start gluing.
Check out several photos of bathroom decor with recycled materials🇧🇷