If you are looking for a different and surprising sweet, then you have to try one of these banoffe recipes. They won’t disappoint.
Share the post “Banoffe, a dulce de leche, whipped cream and banana delight”
A banoffe it is a tart of English origin, made with buttery dough, condensed milk and whipped cream – can we just whet your appetite here? So, pay attention, because you’re going to enjoy learning how to make this dessert that will make everyone’s mouth water.
Furthermore, this is an excellent opportunity to take advantage of the ripe bananas that you have at home and which you don’t quite know what to do with.
Therefore, we have three suggestions for you: the traditional recipe, a chocolate and Oreo version and even a vegan option.
- 250gr digestive biscuits
- 100gr of butter
- 1 can of boiled condensed milk
- 4 small bananas
- 300ml of fresh cream
- Chocolate shavings for decoration qb
- Crush the digestive biscuits well and mix with the melted butter.
- Line the bottom of a tart pan with this preparation and place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Beat the condensed milk with the mixer to make it easier to spread and cover the biscuit base with this cream.
- Cut the bananas into slices and spread over the condensed milk.
- Whip the cream until stiff, place on top of the mixture and decorate with the chocolate shavings.
- Take to the fridge until serving.
Oreo and Chocolate Banoffee
- 180gr chocolate-filled Oreo cookies
- 100g unsalted butter
- 4 large bananas
- 400g boiled condensed milk
- 300g of fresh cream
- 1 and 1/2 c. rum soup
- Cinnamon powder to taste
- Remove the filling from the cookies and reserve.
- Grind the cookies in the blender and reserve.
- Melt the unsalted butter and then pour it into the already crushed biscuits, adding a spoonful of rum to this mixture.
- Grease a mold with butter and pour the mixture of biscuits and butter into the mold, covering the sides as well.
- Place the mold in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- While the banoffe dough is freezing, melt the fillings for the Oreo cookies in a pan and mix with the cream, adding the rest of the rum.
- Whip the cream until you get a whipped cream consistency.
- Chop the 4 bananas, leaving the equivalent of 3 bananas for the filling and 1 for decorating the topping.
- Remove the tray with the cookie dough from the freezer.
- Add condensed milk and chopped bananas.
- Cover everything with the whipped cream and spread well.
- Decorate the cover with the rest of the banana slices and powdered cinnamon.
- Leave in the fridge until serving time.
- Ingredients for the base
- 150g wheat flour
- 100g of almond flour
- 125gr of palm oil
- 100g of brown sugar
- 30 ml of ice water
- Ingredients for the stuffing
- 200g of brown sugar
- 145gr of cashew nuts
- 300ml of water
- 4 ripe bananas
- cinnamon to sprinkle
- Ingredients for the chantilly
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar
- 200ml chilled coconut milk
- Ingredients for topping
- Cinnamon powder
- lemon zest
- vegan chocolate shavings
- Soak the cashew nuts for 8 hours.
- In a food processor, add all the base ingredients and beat until the dough mixes well. If necessary, add a little more water.
- Place the dough in a tart tin, poke holes in the bottom with a fork and bake for 20 minutes at 180°.
- Let cool before stuffing.
- In the meantime, take the opportunity to prepare the filling: discard the water from the cashew nut sauce, wash the nuts and place in a blender with the 300ml of water.
- Beat until very smooth.
- In a pan with a thick bottom, caramelize the sugar.
- Carefully add the cashew nut milk to the caramel and stir continuously until the candy thickens. Let it cool.
- Also prepare the whipped cream: remove the chickpeas from the can and keep the liquid. Save the beans for another recipe.
- Put the liquid from the can in a container and leave it in the freezer for 1 hour.
- After this waiting time, add the chickpea liquid to the mixer and beat for 10 minutes.
- Add the sugar and beat for another 5 minutes.
- Finally, add the coconut milk and beat for another 5 minutes. Store in the refrigerator.
- It’s time to assemble the candy: place the cashew nut milk jam on the base.
- Cut the bananas into slices and spread well over the mixture.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Spread the whipped cream and finish with Sicilian lemon and chocolate zest.