The baked chicken with potatoes It’s a timeless classic, one of those main courses that never goes out of style. If you have children, chicken with potatoes is ideal to get them to eat the meat and make them like it -even if they don’t love it- thanks to the presence of potatoes.
The Chicken meat is one of the leanest and most digestibleso it is perfect for the little ones, but it is also liked by adults and is ideal for dieting.
To prepare chicken with potatoes you may cooking the chickencut into pieces or whole, along with raw potatoes, as in our recipe. Or you can boil the potatoes separately and add them to the chicken in the oven halfway through cooking. And, if you want, you can also enrich it with other seasonal vegetables, from peppers to zucchini or tomatoes, to make it even tastier and have fun experimenting with different combinations.
In any case, the baked chicken with potatoes is a easy dish to prepare and pretty fast too, ready in just over an hour. A recipe of guaranteed success and nutritionally complete and balanced.
Baked chicken with potatoes recipe
Baked chicken with potatoes
preparation 10 minutes
Cooking time 45 minutes
Servings 4 people
Calories per person: 348
Total calories: 1392
600g of potatoes
4 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves
salt to taste
oregano to taste
rosemary to taste
- Turn on the oven at 190°.
- Place the chicken, previously washed and dried, on a baking sheet.
- Peel the potatoes, cut them into cubes, place them in a bowl, dress them with half the oil, garlic, salt, oregano and mix.
- Arrange the potatoes on the tray around the chicken. Brush the meat with the remaining oil and add salt, oregano and rosemary.
- Bake the chicken with potatoes for about 45 minutes without touching it.
Baked chicken with potatoes: nutritional properties
In the recipe for baked chicken with potatoes there are some how many ingredients, all of them rich in health benefits. «The combination of potatoes, rich in amylose and, therefore, with a low glycemic index, and chicken, rich in protein, makes baked chicken a complete dish.«, confirms the nutritionist from Manzanaroja Lorenzo Traversetti, who adds: «It’s okay to bake chicken with the skin on, but it’s best to remove the skin before eating to reduce the fat content.«.
The following are the nutritional properties of baked chicken with potatoes:
- The chicken is a valuable source of iron and proteins of high biological value, and among meats it stands out for its low fat content. Its caloric intake depends on the parts that are consumed, but it is still quite low, ranging between the 129 calories per 100 g of the breast and the 219 of the thighsTherefore, chicken is among the most suitable meats for dieting. It also contains Low fatwhich is located in the skin and, therefore, is easy to remove if removed. In addition, it has a high mineral content (calcium, phosphorus, selenium and magnesium) and important vitamins such as B12, anti-anemic and ally of cardiovascular health, which is only found in foods of animal origin.
- The potato, source of carbohydrates in the form of starch, it is one of the most energetic foods and satiating. They also have a anti-inflammatory effect on the digestive system and help with constipation and intestinal problems. They are rich in potassium and vitamin C. Potassium, very abundant in potatoes, is useful in cases of mental and physical fatigue. The vitamin C, with its antioxidant action, helps counteract the damage caused by aging and the consequent cellular oxidation. An important clarification: the method of cooking potatoes influences its glycemic index. In particular, baked potatoes are likely to significantly raise blood sugar levels, that is, the amount of sugar in the blood, so diabetics should be careful: they may end up with a higher glycemic value than if the potatoes were baked. They cook differently.