For a dessert to be tasty, it does not have to be complicated or especially heavy. Our baked apples they are an example. This is a dessert very easy to makerelatively fast and very light.
Apples are baked with sugar and cinnamon and glossed with honey. A true concentrate of autumn aromas, which immediately put you in a good mood.
Try them at the end of a light meal or as a post-workout snack. Its lightness and flavor always go hand in hand.
Baked apples recipe
Preparation time 5 minutes
Cooking time 40 minutes
Servings 4 people
Calories per person 162 per apple
Total Calories 651
- 4 golden apples
- 40g brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon acacia honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- juice of a lemon
50g of water
1. Pour the brown sugar into a shallow bowl and set aside. Peel and core the apples. Moisten them with lemon juice so that they do not blacken. Next, dip them into the sugar, making sure it adheres well to the fruit. Arrange the apples on a baking tray that will fit all comfortably.
2. Sprinkle the apples with the remaining sugar, making sure it also fits in the center space. With the help of a strainer, sprinkle the apples with cinnamon. Lastly, pour the water into the bottom of the baking dish. Bake in a preheated static oven at 200°C for 30 minutes.
3. At this time, take the tray out of the oven and pour the tablespoon of honey over the apples and bake for another 10 minutes, always at 200°C. Serve them hot, drizzled with the sauce that has formed.
Baked apples, a delight to try in many ways
Baked apples are a practical and tasty way to prepare a light dessert. And if the concept of baked apples makes you think of something unappetizing, forget it. Baked apples are aromatic and everyone likes them.
Best of all, you can enrich them in many ways. The recipe that we show you is a kind of base that you can make even tastier. Here are some suggestions:
- You can serve baked apples with a couple of tablespoons of yogurt vanilla (traditional or vegetable).
- If you want an even tastier version, accompany them with a scoop of fiordilatte or vanilla ice cream.
- Also add chopped walnuts or pine nuts as a dressing. And, of course, some good dark chocolate chips or raisins.
- Vary the spices. Star anise is delicious combined with cloves and cinnamon. But ginger will also go very well.
Another variety to experiment
It deviates a bit from our recipe, but within the realm of baked apples, you also have to include the baked apple fritters. The apples, cut into round slices, are dipped in a light batter made of flour, milk, eggs, oil and baking powder and baked until they become a kind of pancake.
Baked apples in diets and menus
A serving of apples prepared this way (ie, one apple) provides approximately 162 calories. A totally manageable amount in a day. Baked apples are a nice way to end a light meal or tasty and nutritious yet light snack.
They can also work as breakfastas long as you accompany them with a good source of carbohydrates (whole wheat bread, for example) and a source of protein (yogurt or milk).
The apples they are a fruit of many qualities and incredibly versatile. They are excellent in sweets and desserts, but also in savory dishes (see here our article dedicated to this topic).
Let’s start with vitamins and minerals.
- Iron: 0.1mg.
- Calcium: 142 mg.
- Sodium: 23mg.
- Potassium: 76 mg.
- Match: 69mg.
water soluble vitamins
- B1: 0.21mg.
- B2: 0.02mg.
- C.: 3mg.
- B3: 0.01mg.
The apples are the snack ideal. They have few calories and provide us with energy that can be immediately assimilated by our body.. They have a lot of soluble fiber, hence their low glycemic impact. They promote intestinal transit and provide a immediate feeling of satiety. And let’s not forget its antioxidant function, linked to the presence of quercetin, catechin and vitamin C.