These Tofu Avocado Tostadas are exactly what you need if you are looking for a simple and tasty recipe to add to your collection of healthy dishes. This recipe is not only easy to prepare, but it is also packed with healthy nutrients for your body thanks to ingredients like avocado, tofu and tomatoes.
These toasts are also rich in flavor and ideal for any time of the day, whether for breakfast, lunch or dinner. In addition, it is easy to customize and can be adjusted to your preferences and nutritional needs. Try this recipe today and reap all its health benefits!
Read on to learn more about the benefits of each ingredient and how to make this amazing recipe at home.
How to prepare avocado toast with tofu: recipe for 2 people
Calories per toast: 417 calories
Total fats: 25g
Total carbohydrates: 32.9g
- 2 slices of whole wheat bread
- 1 avocado
- 1 block of firm tofu (125 g)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 tablespoons of turmeric powder
- 3 tablespoons of soy milk
- 1 tablespoon paprika powder
- Pepper and salt to taste
- a little parsley on top
- Take the tofu out of the package, wrap it in 3-4 sheets of kitchen paper, put it on a large plate and place a heavy pan or bowl on top to squeeze out any excess moisture. After 10 minutes, change the kitchen paper and repeat the operation, drying the tofu as much as possible.
- With a fork, flake the tofu until it resembles a scrambled egg and set it aside. In a large skillet over medium heat, add oil, onions, tomatoes, chile, and garlic. Sauté until tender, add the crumbled tofu and stir gently. Add the turmeric and season. Season to taste.
- Add the milk after adding the spices while frying the tofu in the pan, and then cook for a couple of minutes until all the milk is absorbed and creamy.
- Place the bread in a toaster and, while it cooks, mash the avocados. Divide the avocado among the four slices of toast, spreading it evenly. Top with the spicy tofu scramble and sprinkle with spices before serving.
Nutritional properties of avocado toast with tofu
- Avocado: The avocado is a Great source of healthy fats, such as monounsaturated fatty acids, which help reduce LDL (bad) cholesterol and increase HDL (good) cholesterol in the body. It also contains large amounts of essential vitamins, minerals, and fiber.
- firm tofu: With about 10 grams of protein per 100 grams, tofu It is a fantastic source of plant-based protein. In addition to being low in saturated fat and cholesterol, it is a good source of iron and calcium.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes have a high in lycopene, an antioxidant that can help protect against serious diseases such as cancer and heart disease. In addition, they contain vitamin C and other nutrients.
- Red pepper: They are composed of antioxidants that They help defend against cell damage and reduce the risk of developing heart disease.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is a spice in which are found anti-inflammatory and antioxidant compoundshelping to reduce muscle inflammation.
- Wholemeal bread: Whole wheat bread means a great source of essential vitamins, minerals and fiber. In addition, it can help lower the risk of developing chronic diseases such as diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
- Soy milk: Source of essential vitamins, minerals and vegetable proteins. In addition, it has low levels of saturated fat and cholesterol, which makes it an excellent food for anyone trying to reduce their intake of dairy foods.