Avocado toast is a tasty breakfast or brunch very easy to prepare. All you need is a good ripe avocado, some lemon juice and aromas to taste. With this avocado cream you can fill your bread.
The basic version, which is the one we propose, is very tasty, but you can prepare avocado toast in many different ways.
Add eggs, for example, scrambled, fried or hard-boiled. Or slices of fried ham or smoked salmon. Whose flavor combines very well with the neutral taste of avocado.
Whichever solution you choose, don’t forget to add some black sesame seedsto contrast with the green, or pumpkin seeds.
Avocado toast recipe for 4 people
- Preparation: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 5 minutes
- Calories per person: 224
- Total calories: 899
- 8 slices of whole wheat bread
- 2 avocados
- 1 red onion
- juice of a lemon
- Salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Toast the slices of bread and keep them warm.
- Cut the avocados in half, removing the central nucleus. With the help of a spoon, Scoop out all the pulp and put it together in a bowl. Season with oil, lemon juice, chopped onion, salt and a pinch of pepper. Make it creamy, but don’t crush it all the way.
- Serve your avocado toast with two slices of bread per guestspread the slices with the avocado cream.
Avocado toast, all the secrets
To make a good avocado toast, You have to start with a very ripe avocado.
- A ripe avocado can be recognized by feeling it with your fingers. If the pulp is soft, it means that it can be eaten immediately or at least in a few days. Otherwise it tends to get too dark.
- You can buy a more immature avocado and let it ripen in a paper bag. Another trick to know if the avocado can be used right away is to see the peduncle. If it is slightly detached from the fruit, then it can be used immediately.
- To prevent the pulp from oxidizing and to maintain its beautiful green color, dress the avocado with lemon or lime juice.
- If you don’t feel like trying too hard in the morning, make the cream for your avocado toast the night before, taking care, as said, to dress it with lemon.
- Close it well in a glass container and let it rest in the fridge. If you see the pulp a little dark on the surface, don’t worry: mix it up with a spoon and it’s good again.
Avocado toast in diets and menus
An avocado toast provides approximately 224 calories in its version.basic It’s not a huge amount, so it can easily be included in your daily diet. Eat at least one avocado toast a week for breakfast to give you a different whim and fill you with good fats for the day.
Choose a good whole wheat bread for extra fiber, even better if it contains seeds. If you want to increase the dose of protein, add scrambled or, better yet, boiled eggs, or raw ham. Or even slices of smoked salmon.
Creamy and tasty avocado is a valuable ally during a diet due to the presence of many good fats. Useful to protect nails and hair, neutral in flavor and therefore adaptable to all dishes, avocado has a high caloric content for a fruit -231 calories per 100 grams-, however, it is enough to reduce the amount to have valuable vitamins. Here’s which ones:
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Calcium: 13mg
- Sodium: 2mg
- Potassium: 450mg
- Phosphorus: 415mg
water soluble vitamins
- B1: 0.09mg
- B2: 0.12
- C: 18mg
- B3: 1.1mg
fat soluble vitamins
The high presence of vitamins A and Eeven more available due to the presence of lipids in the avocado, makes avocado a food with great antioxidant properties. Ideal to stop the degenerative process of the organism.
And not only that, the fats it contains, which increase caloric intake, are actually Omega-3, very important for the health of our veins and arteries. That is, they act by counteracting the increase in bad cholesterol.
The cardioprotective function is also amplified by vitamins B9 and B6.