If there’s one ingredient that best identifies with autumn, it’s this one. Let’s go to a very traditional recipe: the pumpkin pie.
THE Pumpkin tart is one of the most typical desserts in the United States of America. There, it doesn’t matter the season, because it’s a truly traditional recipe.
But the truth is that when autumn arrives, there are certain foods that we like the most and pumpkin has this benefit: it can be used in different dishes, from sweet to savory.
Also taking into account environmental sustainability, taking advantage of seasonal products is one of the best strategies to behave in a way that helps to preserve even more natural assets – and how much we need to do so…
Discover two delicious pumpkin pie recipes.
Setup time:01:30 am
- 2 eggs
- 500g peeled pumpkin
- 300gr of sugar
- 100gr of flour
- 1 package of shortcrust pastry
- 1 orange peel
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 c. cinnamon powder soup
- Cut the pumpkin into small cubes, place in a pan, add the sugar, the cinnamon stick and the orange peel.
- Bring to a boil and let it cook, stirring from time to time, in order to break up the pumpkin.
- Leave it on the heat until the mixture reaches the boiling point.
- Remove and let cool.
- Line a pie pan with the dough, prick the bottom with a fork.
- Remove the cinnamon stick and orange peel from the cooked pumpkin and add the previously beaten eggs, flour and cinnamon powder.
- Mix well and pour the mixture over the pie crust.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180º for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Decorate to taste with powdered sugar and cinnamon.
Pumpkin and walnut pie
Setup time:01:10 am
- 1 puff pastry
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 450g butternut squash without skin
- 1 c. cinnamon tea
- 1/2 c. powdered ginger tea
- 1/4 c. nutmeg tea
- 70g walnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200º.
- Cut the squash into smaller pieces and place on a baking sheet, roasting for about an hour or until the squash pieces are tender.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on top to keep the pumpkin from drying out.
- In a blender, mix the roasted pumpkin, condensed milk, eggs, spices.
- Place the mixture in a bowl and mix in the roughly chopped walnuts.
- Grease a round shape with the puff pastry and prick the base into the dough with a fork.
- Arrange the pumpkin mixture and cook in an oven at 180º for 45 minutes.
- Remove and let cool before serving.
Article originally published in October 2021. Updated in September 2022.