If the family is resistant to fish dishes, try offering them fish pie and no one will say they don’t want it!
Share the post “Fish pie: a delight you really have to try”
O fish pie is an excellent recipe to get everyone to eat more fish or even use leftovers of hake, for example, that you have kept in the fridge.
It is easy to prepare and can be combined with vegetables and delicacies from the sea, to further enhance its fresh, sea-friendly flavor.
Try to try this casserole suggestion, you won’t regret it, as it is a very tasty dish that will surprise everyone.
Fish Pie with Spinach
Type:lunch or dinner
- 1 kg of potatoes
- 2dl of milk
- 2 pieces of fish
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 spinach leaf pack
- 1/2 broth
- 1 c. flour soup
- 1 c. of grated cheese
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Olive oil, salt and pepper, to taste
- Peel the potatoes, cut into slices and cook.
- Boil the spinach and reserve.
- In a frying pan, sauté the onion, garlic clove and bay leaf in a drizzle of olive oil.
- Add the fish cut into cubes, a quarter of the meat broth and let it brown.
- When it takes on a color, add the drained spinach and mix everything for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Spread the potato slices on a tray, add the fish and spinach stuffing and then another layer of potatoes.
- In a saucepan, place the milk, flour, the other quarter of the meat broth, salt and pepper, if necessary, and stir constantly until thickened. At the end, add the lemon juice.
- Pour the mixture over the potatoes, sprinkle with grated cheese and breadcrumbs and brown for a few minutes.
Fish pie and sea delights
Type:lunch or dinner
- 6 hake steaks
- 3 whole eggs + 2 yolks
- 1 package of seafood delights
- 1 pack of shrimp crumbs
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 1/2 chorizo
- Salt and pepper, qb
- Butter and oregano, to taste
- Boil the hake together with the 3 eggs and season with salt. Reserve.
- Chop the delicacies of the sea and reserve.
- In a skillet, sauté the onion and garlic in butter.
- Add the shrimp and, when it turns orange, add the shredded hake and the seafood.
- Season with salt, pepper and oregano and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a Pyrex dish.
- Cut the eggs into slices and place on top.
- Cover with the mashed potato, brush with two egg yolks and cut slices of chorizo to decorate.
- Take it to the oven, preheated to 200º, until golden.