You don’t have to be a chef to make baked fish perfectly and with all the flavor. There are little tricks that will make all the difference and thus allow you to prepare different types of grilled fish in order to please young and old alike.
It all starts well before putting it in the oven, because that is what will determine the flavor of the recipe you will be making.
At the end of it all, we cannot overlook the part of follow-upas it can make all the difference, especially when diners are not big fans of the meal you are going to prepare.
Tips for perfectly roasted fish
It is certain that the cod is king and lord in Portuguese cuisine – the saying goes that there are a thousand and one ways to cook it – but there are many types of fish that are equally tasty when baked. For this, take note of what you should do.
Ideally, baked fish should be seasoned with olive oil, salt and lemon. You don’t need much more, as the recipes later include several other ingredients to give even more color and flavor to your dishes.
Also, don’t forget to give the fish a few cuts, so that all the seasonings are well absorbed.
After seasoning, it’s time to let it marinate – it really is a fundamental step. If it is a whole fish and larger, it should be left to marinate for about three hours. When opting for smaller fish or in pieces, it doesn’t take that long, about 30 minutes is enough.
time and temperature
The time comes to put it in the oven and, as for the time, it varies according to the weather and whether it is inside or in pieces. In the first case, it may take between 30 and 50 minutes. In the second case, between 15 and 25 minutes is usually enough time. The temperature is more consensual: 180º in any situation.
Oven roasted snapper
Type:lunch or dinner
- 1 big snapper
- 5 very ripe tomatoes
- 4 to 5 garlic cloves
- Bay leaves and thyme qb
- olive oil qb
- 1 glass of white wine
- Lemon, pepper and salt qb
- 3 medium onions
- Wash the fish and remove excess water – inside and outside.
- Sprinkle inside and out with pepper and salt to taste. Leave to marinate according to the previous tips.
- Introduce 1 bay leaf and a little thyme inside the fish.
- On a baking tray, place the sliced garlic.
- Add the fish and drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice.
- Place in a preheated oven at 220º for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add the halved tomatoes and sliced onions.
- Sprinkle the tomato and the remaining roast with thyme.
- Wash everything down with a glass of white wine.
- Place back in the oven for another 15 to 20 minutes.
- Before removing from the oven, confirm that the ingredients are well cooked.