Do we have soup fans out there? So, get ready to introduce a new delicacy to the menu at home: onion soup. See how to do it.
Eat soup every day contributes to a healthy and balanced diet. Rich in flavor, and with ingredients that we all have at home, the Onion soup it’s perfect for a meal starter or for those days when the appetite isn’t much.
This French specialty involves cheese and toasted bread, and that’s why you can already foresee the delight we have to show you, because if it comes from France it can only be really good.
Its origin lies in the fact that onions were an abundant ingredient in the Old World and often considered the “food of the poor”, being especially appreciated by the Greeks and Romans.
Want to know how to do it? Take note!
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 meat broth
- 1 spoon of wheat flour
- 1/2 can of sour cream
- 2 slightly boiled chopped potatoes
- 2 spoons of butter
- 4 cups of boiling water
- 400g sliced onion
- salt and pepper qb
- Sauté the garlic, onion and potatoes in butter.
- Dissolve the broth in 2 tablespoons of cold water, salt, pepper and wheat flour.
- Add everything to boiling water and cook in a pan for 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the cream.
- Grind everything in a blender and bring to a boil.
- Before serving, sprinkle with parsley and cheese.
creamy onion soup
- creamy onion soup
- 2+2 c. butter soup
- pinch of sugar
- 500gr finely sliced onion
- 2 c. cider vinegar soup
- 2 c. flour soup
- 600 ml of beef broth
- 1/2 c. pepper tea
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley for finishing
- In a pan melt the butter.
- Add onion and sugar.
- Let it brown well and over low heat so that the sugar does not burn.
- When the onion is golden brown, add the vinegar and let it reduce.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir constantly until a thick broth is formed.
- Turn off the heat, grind and let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.