Ever since brunches became popular, eggs benedict have been part of the menu. Do you know how to prepare? We have two delicious recipes.
Share the post “Eggs benedict: 2 must-have brunch recipes”
Eggs Benedict is a traditional recipe from the cuisine of the United States of America and consists of poached eggs, covered in hollandaise sauce, accompanied with Ham or bacon. It is usually placed on a slice of toasted bread, or traditionally inside a english muffin. It is a recipe with many different flavors, filling and for which there is always an appetite.
It doesn’t even seem hard to do, right? Wrong. Not everyone knows exactly how to prepare poached eggs, in order to stay in that perfect spot between raw and overcooked. And there is nothing more pleasurable than running a knife over the yolk and it spreading over the plate, like lava coming out of a volcano, mixing with the other ingredients. A true explosion of flavor.
Although they are more famous in the brunch menuseggs benedict can even be consumed in a breakfast more relaxed or even as a substitute for lunch.
Know, then, how to prepare.
Eggs benedict with hollandaise sauce
- 4 eggs
- 2 c. white wine vinegar soup
- 4 slices of toasted bread or any bread of your choice
- Butter qb
- 4 slices of thin ham
- 4 slices of thin bacon
- Chopped chives to finish
- Ingredients for hollandaise sauce:
- 2 c. lemon juice tea
- 2 c. white wine vinegar tea
- 3 egg yolks
- 125g unsalted butter at room temperature
- We start by making the hollandaise sauce: put the lemon juice and vinegar in a small bowl, add the egg yolks and stir well until the mixture is light and foamy.
- Place this bowl over a pan of boiling water and continue stirring until it thickens a bit. Gradually add the butter until it is completely integrated.
- The mixture should be thick, but not too hot, so as not to cook the yolks. That’s the perfect point of Worcestershire sauce. Reserve covered with cling film, in order to maintain the temperature.
- It’s time to prepare the eggs: boil water in a wide pan and add two tablespoons of vinegar.
- Lower the heat to a minimum and gently place the eggs, one at a time, well spaced apart.
- Just 3 minutes is enough to get ready. Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Toast the bread, spread it with a little butter.
- Place a slice of ham and a slice of bacon on each half.
- Place an egg on top of each slice and cover with a generous spoonful of hollandaise sauce.
- Finish with chopped chives.
Eggs benedict with salmon
- 2 slices of bread to taste
- 4 slices of smoked salmon
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c. white wine vinegar soup
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 100g unsalted butter
- salt and pepper qb
- Start preparing the sauce by melting the butter in the microwave.
- In a small pot, put three fingers of water to boil and then turn it off.
- In a heatproof container, mix the egg yolk with the vinegar and beat well.
- Place the container on top of the pan with hot water, but without having contact with the water.
- Mix well until it is homogeneous.
- Gradually add the butter, beating constantly.
- If the mixture is cold, turn the heat back on, but at a minimum.
- Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- To prepare the eggs, fill a pot 3/4 full of water and bring to a boil.
- Carefully break the eggs one at a time into the pan.
- After 3 minutes remove the eggs with a slotted spoon.
- Toast the bread, add the smoked salmon, the egg and cover with the sauce.